The Big Boys and Girls

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
mw3230

The Big Boys and Girls

Post by mw3230 »

From the outset let me stress that I intend no criticism!

I'm returning to a subject which has been raised by me before and it is that of the Big Boys and Girls of the Forum - The Big Posters

I keep infrequent check of the total number of posts I submit - currently over 480 with an average of .5 (point 5) per day. I spend a little time on the Forum most days and on many days I visit for short periods on several occasions.

The Leader of the Gang, the LeJoG Crusader, MickF has over 11,000 posts and whilst i appreciate that he has been doing it for a long time - here is my point (finally, you'll be exclaiming) Mick's average is 10 posts per day

What's the secret? There aren't that many threads about chain cleaning even if each one has as many threads as the chain on a recumbent has links!
Retired and loving it
meic

Re: The Big Boys and Girls

Post by meic »

Some of us dont have a television. :wink:
Yma o Hyd
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Yes. No TV. What else can I do in the evening? :wink:
Though just watched Riseford to Candlewick, or whatever it's called. Great stuff, and BBC at it's best - and free to us non-licence-payers providing we watch BBC iPlayer!

Also, a laptop, just sitting on the coffee table ready to open when sitting with a cuppa. I open the laptop, and it's ready to go with WiFi connected immediately. I spend five or six or even ten minutes, check out what's occurring, and add a sentence or two to the threads. I'm a quick typer too.
Mick F. Cornwall
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

PS
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4352&start=0

Please note:
Mick F wrote:I've got 223 (including this one)
How many have you got?
Does it matter?
Is quantity more important than quality?
Does size matter?
Does anything matter?
Why am I here?
Mick F. Cornwall
Anura

Post by Anura »

Aren't the licensing people saying if you watch TV on a computer you still have to pay a licence fee?

My other half had a demand from them for his garage. He wrote back saying he hadn't a TV (it's a 60ft industrial unit, full of bits of metal, bits of cars etc as is usual in that type of unit. They replied saying he needed one if he had a computer. He hasn't got a computer (but was thinking of getting one) They replied again, saying they will be coming to do a spot check on him. They haven't been yet but I wish they would so I could organize a computer for him!

However I have heard if you haven't got certain facilities on your computer you can't receive it. Does anyone know anything about it?
meic

Post by meic »

You are not allowed to watch TV "as broadcast" on your computer. So I can not watch the present TV on Iplayer but I can download after it has been broadcast and then watch at my leisure.
This does mean that you can not watch everything that the BBC shows but I only want to watch Merlin anyway. :D

I just checked and I am number 6 :oops:
Time to find another pastime.

I have put this in as an edit so it doesnt count as another post. :wink:
Last edited by meic on 26 Jan 2010, 11:37pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yma o Hyd
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

mw3230 wrote:................What's the secret?..........

A steep drive on a cold day,or sheep in your garden? :wink:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden