Abreviations

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mick F
Spambuster

Abreviations

Post by Mick F »

I was in my shed earlier ........

I have three aerosol cans:
WD 40
AC 90
GT 85

I know they're all just about the same thing, and so do the manufacturers!

Could there be any more?

Mick F. Cornwall
reohn2

Re: Abreviations

Post by reohn2 »

Mick F wrote:I was in my shed earlier ........

I have three aerosol cans:
WD 40
AC 90
GT 85

I know they're all just about the same thing, and so do the manufacturers!

Could there be any more?

Mick F. Cornwall

I once told a workmate that WD40 was so called because it was invented in 1940 for the then War Dept,and he believed me.I did tell him later that it was all a joke..........honest ...i did.

PS; Gerald Travelian did something right in 1985 though. :)
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

I thought this was going to be about abbreviations like IMO, FWIW, etc. Somebody did a list on the old forum but it was a faff to keep looking back for translations. Perhaps we could have a pop-up menu on here, or else something alongside those silly faces (sorry Emoticons)
Dai

Post by Dai »

I was in my favourite tea stop just before Christmas and there was a group of frightfully-full-on business types in there. Almost their entire conversation consisted of initials and abbreviations. It was like an episode of The Rise and fall of Reginald Perrin.
Kept me secretly happy for about half and hour.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Dai wrote:I was in my favourite tea stop just before Christmas and there was a group of frightfully-full-on business types in there. Almost their entire conversation consisted of initials and abbreviations. It was like an episode of The Rise and fall of Reginald Perrin.
Kept me secretly happy for about half and hour.

Great..........Super,CJ err, I mean, Dai
Dai

Post by Dai »

Just realised that should be The Fall and Rise not the Rise and Fall, cock up on the typesetting front CJ, sorry CJ.
Terry T

Post by Terry T »

I had no idea Chris Juden was in the Reggie Perrin series!
Si

Post by Si »

Terry T wrote:I had no idea Chris Juden was in the Reggie Perrin series!

Chris Juden didn't get where he is today without knowing that Chris Juden was in the Reggie Perrin series! :wink:
Dai

Post by Dai »

Just off to the mother-in-law's