The Funniest Post Ever

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
Mick F
Spambuster

The Funniest Post Ever

Post by Mick F »

The funniest post I ever read was in the For Sale, Swaps Wanted section.

It was to do with a clip to secure a Primus Stove onto a cross bar.

Because this section 'expires', the Search facility can't find it.

What a shame. I wanted to resurrect the subject to spice up a new thread.

Any way it can be done?

Mick F. Cornwall
Fonant

Post by Fonant »

If it's desperate I might be able to extract it from the backups. Do you remember roughly when it was visible?
Anthony Cartmell (also known as "admin" when posting in a more official capacity on this Forum)
Kangaroo trike, Windcheetah recumbent, Batavus dutch bike, Dawes Galaxy Twin tandem, Pashley unicycle
http://www.fonant.com – Quality web sites.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

As one of the main participants in the Primus clip madness I say 'don't let's pump that one up again'. (Excuse me sticking my oar in but I regret I was also responsible for a lot of ripples in the folding kayak saga.)
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

No, it's not 'desperate'. I just wanted a smiley re-visit. I think it was early summer last year.

As for the folding kayak ......

Thanks anyway.

Mick F. Cornwal
Jac

Post by Jac »

I'm still looking for that folding or inflatable kayak..... :D
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Jac

Looking at your bike in that little pic, you should note that r2 is selling some excellent rims at a reasonable price - made round to go round :wink:
Jac

Post by Jac »

Thanks tc - I saw those - but mine are 26ins - and nothing wrong with them that a couple of hours with a spokey wont put right.
:lol:
Terry T

Post by Terry T »

Jac, your bike is obviously fixed wheel, so will we be seeing it on the Fixed Gear Gallery site?
Cyril Haearn

Re: The Funniest Post Ever

Post by Cyril Haearn »

There was an article in the Gazette about 1991 about using a banana to treat saddle sores, one could eat the banana after
Someone wrote to complain, 'it was the most perfectly disgusting thing I have read for a long time, it made me laugh until I cried' :)
Utility offered a tub of grease for sale recently, I thought that thread could have been the new Primus Stove but it has been locked :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
661-Pete

Post by 661-Pete »

My question is this. Was the Primus meant to be lit, and cooking something, whilst attached to the top tube? And was the cyclist meant to be actually riding the bike at the time? :shock:

I don't think the 'shock' smiley is emphatic enough!
Suppose that this room is a lift. The support breaks and down we go with ever-increasing velocity.
Let us pass the time by performing physical experiments...
--- Arthur Eddington (creator of the Eddington Number).
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

661-Pete wrote:My question is this. Was the Primus meant to be lit, and cooking something, whilst attached to the top tube? And was the cyclist meant to be actually riding the bike at the time? :shock:

There used to be a firm called Terry (may still exist) who made, among other things, spring-based accessories for bikes, including clips to hold a pump on a frame without pump pegs, a stopwatch holder (widely used by time trial riders) a hockey stick carrier and a clip for carrying a primus stove (unlit.)
http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/terrys.htm

Scroll down to Terry's Carry Alls.
ambodach

Post by ambodach »

I used to have one of those Primus stove carriers. It was much used and travelled many miles. I still have the stove but I regret selling the clip to somebody who wanted to make a bike more “authentic” for some unknown reason.
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

thirdcrank wrote: 1 May 2019, 6:06pm
661-Pete wrote:My question is this. Was the Primus meant to be lit, and cooking something, whilst attached to the top tube? And was the cyclist meant to be actually riding the bike at the time? :shock:

There used to be a firm called Terry (may still exist) who made, among other things, spring-based accessories for bikes, including clips to hold a pump on a frame without pump pegs, a stopwatch holder (widely used by time trial riders) a hockey stick carrier and a clip for carrying a primus stove (unlit.)
http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/terrys.htm

Scroll down to Terry's Carry Alls.
I used to have a Terry's hockey stick clip, but it has gone missing, which is a pity because it was handy for my walking stick.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

For anybody wondering what's funny about Terry's various products, I think the actual thread was on the "Wanted" section. I can't be sure but it was probably the Primus stove clip, but as the thread rumbled on, reminiscences of other items like the hockey stick holder were added. Then, there was a bit of a break and when somebody looked for it, it had gone: auto-deleted because it was a "Wanted" advert.
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

thirdcrank wrote: 19 Feb 2024, 8:17pm For anybody wondering what's funny about Terry's various products, I think the actual thread was on the "Wanted" section. I can't be sure but it was probably the Primus stove clip, but as the thread rumbled on, reminiscences of other items like the hockey stick holder were added. Then, there was a bit of a break and when somebody looked for it, it had gone: auto-deleted because it was a "Wanted" advert.
A derailled thread can be fun, if not funny.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?