Pictures of your bike(s)

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
pioneer

Re: Pictures of your bike(s)

Post by pioneer »

Or, get on your bike and go for a ride.... :wink:

Though it was so COLD AND DAMP TODAY that afterwards, I almost wondered why I bothered!
Colin63

Post by Colin63 »

pioneer wrote:Or, get on your bike and go for a ride.... :wink:

Though it was so COLD AND DAMP TODAY that afterwards, I almost wondered why I bothered!

That's why I didn't. I went for a dawn walk along the river today and it was bitterly cold and damp in the thick fog. It put me off completely. I'm sick of this winter and couldn't motivate myself to get on the bike. Stayed at home and watched a film instead. I did get into the cellar and rescued some brakes, handlebars and mudguards from a couple of the wrecks I have down there, so I've done cycling related stuff, which I think is acceptable.
fraxinus

Post by fraxinus »

Workhorse, Hack, Rat Bike but I think he is more dignified than that so I call him Sir Walter.
Bought this for 40 quid to use as a winter commuter but I have started using it for some local rides. It is on the heavy side which has caused me to slow down and notice my surroundings more which I am really enjoying. (despite the litter).
Attachments
PLOUGHING THROUGH THE LITTER
PLOUGHING THROUGH THE LITTER
KEEPING OFF THE ICE
KEEPING OFF THE ICE
TOO BIG FOR THE CATWALK
TOO BIG FOR THE CATWALK
CAGE FIGHTER
CAGE FIGHTER
So many bike rides so little time
hondated

Post by hondated »

When I find out how to do it I will post pictures of my bikes but until then a comment.It is refreshing to look at bikes that are really appreciated and cherished by their owners and yet they are not the cutting edge of design or necessarily worth a great deal of money. To anyone that should read this that fancies getting that old bike out of the shed then do so because as these threads prove you do not need to spend lots of money to get out there and enjoy yourself.
bigjim

Post by bigjim »

My £50 e-bay bargain. been ridden once 25 yrs ago then dry stored. Getting a bit more use now.
I keep it's twin brother in Mallorca. Here it is parked up in Palma. This one cost me £40 from LBS.
CREPELLO

Post by CREPELLO »

My new acquisition - A 1999 Dawes Audax Giro>>>
P2206531a.JPG
P2206537a.JPG

I've found the perfect bike to complement my green B17 which really needed a good home. Creating this bike has been a long drawn out process (which you may have read of my difficulties on other threads), but is has finally come out top trumps for me. I just need to fit a new cassette and chain (and refit the 28mm Stelvio's - the 30mm Marathon Racer's are too close a fit without doing extra mod's to the mudgaurds) and I'll be off - we-heeeeeeee :D
avalanche

Post by avalanche »

It took a few lunchtimes, but I finally read through this entire thread :)

1st - the Specialized Hybrid, bought out of the paper for £10 several years ago. Quite a few worn parts, but it just keeps going and I use it for commuting (7 miles each way)
IMG_4887_specialzed_cr (Medium).jpg

Boardman hybrid, purchased recently for my Scotland trip. Looks a bit different now, changed the saddle to a Specialized one, swapped the bars for riser bars and changed the grips, various other additions such as mudguards, pannier rack etc.
IMG_4884_boardman_cr (Medium).jpg

MTB - GT Avalanche, will be overhauling this soon - lots of tired bearings sounds like it's going to fall to bits!!
IMG_4892_gt_cr (Medium).jpg
mikeitup

Post by mikeitup »

My new bike:

a Claud Butler Dalesman 2008 (it's new and was £300 cheaper than the 2010 version :shock: )

Have changed the Selle Rolls saddle for my trusty Brooks Flyer

(click the pic for a bigger version)

Sorry mikeitup. The sig just had to go. The forum staff are revolting ! Graham
beachcomber

Post by beachcomber »

Part of the rapidly expanding collection. :D

Velorum, Another Sparta. Picture taken near Boroughbridge en route to Hull and Amsterdam.
Attachments
Dutch roadster.jpg
Colnago.jpg
Cannondale.jpg
Alf Webb.jpg
beachcomber

Post by beachcomber »

Specialzied Sirus converted from straight to drop bars.
Kona Dawg delux
GT Tequesta,(1993) geared up for road use, road tyres. Frame plastic coated a couple of years ago when rebuilt.

Giants belong to Mrs 'B'
Attachments
Giant Trecker.jpg
Giant ocr.jpg
Secialized.jpg
Kona.jpg
GT.jpg
pioneer

Post by pioneer »

I like the look of the GT. I bought a set of those bars' for the Moulton and then sold it. The bars are still in the jiffy-bag, they might go on the Bianchi yet.
Velorum

Post by Velorum »

beachcomber wrote:Part of the rapidly expanding collection. :D

Velorum, Another Sparta. Picture taken near Boroughbridge en route to Hull and Amsterdam.

Excellent!
:)
GrahamNR17

Post by GrahamNR17 »

beachcomber wrote:Specialzied Sirus converted from straight to drop bars.
Kona Dawg delux
GT Tequesta,(1993) geared up for road use, road tyres. Frame plastic coated a couple of years ago when rebuilt.

Giants belong to Mrs 'B'

I heartily approve of the Sparta roadster, and mighty impressed you appear to tour with it - big respect :D

That green GT is a fabulous looking thing. I've always been [unfashionably?] impressed with the GT - you seem to get a lot of bangs for your buck with those.
beachcomber

Post by beachcomber »

The GT was used in all weathers on and off road until most important bits needed replacing. It worked out cheaper to buy a new bike. Cue the Sirus.
Couldn't remove the bottom bracket of the GT. I dismantled it and hung the frame in the garage. Eventually I used a hot air gun on the frame and got the b/bkt out. I then needed to get the frame powder coated. I've used it for short touring trips where the route involves off road tracks. It's done loads of miles and owes me nothing. The bars are the original ones.

The Sparta was given to me by my brother who used it in Germany for many years. He dared me to ride it from home to Amsterdam and back on a charity ride.Daily average about 65-70miles.
It's just a little skittish on the front end especially with panniers fitted. It only does about 25 miles to the pint :D
Attachments
Sparta pub 1.jpg
Sparta pub 2.jpg
glueman

Post by glueman »

I also noticed the green GT. The kind of thing you'd pay an arm and both legs for if you spec'ed it from a custom builder for an expedition.