Is Hugo Gar?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Guy

Is Hugo Gar?

Post by Guy »

This was originally posted in the "About this board" section, where us ordinary plebs can't reply:

"ThomasDylan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:31 am Post subject: Hugo is gar Reply with quote
gar, it seems has reappeared under the alias Hugo.

Having been on the sharp end of his "wit", I would prefer that he were never allowed to darken the board again.

What do others think?

See his post here: http://forum.ctc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3903

My answer...

Well, it does look that way. The same claim to superior knowledge. the same typos. If it is he, will he behave himself this time?
ThomasDylan

Post by ThomasDylan »

Actually I think I posted it in the People, etc. section and it seems to have been moved without explanation...
Guy

Post by Guy »

I've looked through the list of Gar (sorry) Hugo's posts and guess what? He IS Gar.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

The "old" MB was generally un-moderated.

This one IS!

He'd better tow the line and be nice, OR ELSE!

Yours, optimistically,

Mick F. Cornwall
Si

Post by Si »

:oops: Raises hand!

Appologies - twas me that moved it to the wrong place (sticky mouse) and now I can't get the bugger out again.
I was attempting to move it to Forum Help as it was more about the forum than about cycling.

And I was also going to say that the moderators already knew and that Hugo had been advised that anyone who posted anything abusive would not be here long.

To be honest I think it much better for posts such as that one to be made to the mods rather than to the forum as you run the risk of starting an arguement/flame with the target of your post, and of increasing the amount of bad feeling.

We are hoping that everyone will treat the new forum as a clean slate and that old grudges can be buried.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

I am glad to see that naughty words are allowed without @ or * (or is that an admin privilege? I am too polite to test it for myself.
Dai

Post by Dai »

I would have thought after Gar/bruce/handallyingharry/Hugo's last little run in with me and another poster he might have had the sense to steer clear.

Go away gar :arrow:
Terry T

Post by Terry T »

Let's just see what happens. I think most of us had realised that he was back in yet another guise, but the moderators are aware this time.
Let's give him the opportunity to behave himself, if he doesn't, we'll see just how effective or ineffective the moderators are.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Are we saying that we should let sleeping dogs lie?

Perhaps we should.

Mick F. Cornwall
whoops

Post by whoops »

Perhaps it should be a case of "Halt Hugo's there. Fiend or Foe. Advance and be recognised." :roll: :roll:
Jac

Post by Jac »

It would be a dull forum if we all agreed with each other.
Most of us try to be helpful and encouraging and engage in reasoned argument with good humour, and some manage wit as well.
He may not yet have been abusive - but I dont think it is acceptable to post with the sole intent to be deliberately unpleasant, cause hurt and offense.
David

Post by David »

Well done JAC - couldn't have put it better myself.

As OW said "There is only one thing worse than being talked about...."

D
Dai

Post by Dai »

Jac wrote:It would be a dull forum if we all agreed with each other.
Most of us try to be helpful and encouraging and engage in reasoned argument with good humour, and some manage wit as well.
He may not yet have been abusive - but I dont think it is acceptable to post with the sole intent to be deliberately unpleasant, cause hurt and offense.

You have yet to witness the full charm of the man. :D