symbols on cars

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
glueman

symbols on cars

Post by glueman »

I don't know why, but they really cheese me off. First it was Christians with fish logos, then Darwinists with legs on the fish and Satanists with the fish on toasting forks. Now the squid monster appears - on a car in a university staff parking bay! Does no-one remember when drivers had triangular window stickers with Rhyl, Margate and Cleethorpes? When Windsor Castle and Chatsworth House flags on your A35 were the height of oneupmanship?
I don't want to know what your belief systems are, I want to know the important stuff, like where you've been on your holidays! The campaign for the removal of fish and the restoration of Sunny Slapton stickers starts here.
kwackers

Re: symbols on cars

Post by kwackers »

I don't know why they cheese you off either, I think they're funny. I laughed out loud the first time I saw a fish with legs. Haven't seen a Satanist one or a squid monster! Shall look out for those
Velorum

Post by Velorum »

I have this in the rear window of my car

hubgearfreak

Post by hubgearfreak »

glueman wrote:I don't know why, but they really cheese me off.

is it because as one gets older one becomes less tolerant? :wink:
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

Velorum wrote:I have this in the rear window of my car

I've got that on my Streamer fairing!
beachcomber

Post by beachcomber »

As my mickey taking pal drove into the works car park I saw he was wearing spectacles for the first time. He was obviously very self conscious and I watched him whip them off as soon as he parked up.
He got out and strolled past me. I shouted after him, " You should have gone for a prescription windscreen there would be less glass than in those gegs of yours" General banter followed.

Later in the day came the home made sticker for the back of his car.

Designed by computer
Built by robots
Driven by....Mr Magoo.

Well his kids thought it was funny when he got home :lol:
Wildduck

Post by Wildduck »

Sounds like a sticker for most of the drivers around here and their observational skills.

Could be a cunning catch phrase to use in the SMIDSY campaign!
Trice Q 2007 in inky blue (Quackers)
Bacchetta Corsa 26 ATT (The Mad Weeble)
Cube SL Team Cross (Rubberduckzilla)
Homebaked tourer (The Duck's Dream)
MTB mongrel (Harold the Flying Sheep)
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

hubgearfreak wrote:is it because as one gets older one becomes less tolerant? :wink:

And just who the hell thinks I'm becoming less tolerant :evil:

Steve :wink:
fraxinus

Post by fraxinus »

They seem to have died out but I used to hate those miniture football kits in the back window.
So many bike rides so little time
GrahamNR17

Post by GrahamNR17 »

"Child on board" etc. I hate those! Who cares if they've bred? In fact, I'd rather most of them kept it a secret :evil: What is it they expect of me? A toot on the horn by way of congratulations? A double toot by way of commiseration for the ugly little git they've produced? Grrrrr :evil:
mw3230

Post by mw3230 »

GrahamNR17 wrote:"Child on board" etc. I hate those! Who cares if they've bred? In fact, I'd rather most of them kept it a secret :evil: What is it they expect of me? A toot on the horn by way of congratulations? A double toot by way of commiseration for the ugly little git they've produced? Grrrrr :evil:

Perhaps we should drive exceedingly careful behind them. Hurrah for child free holiday destinations I say!!

And what about wagons advertising 'horses in transit' As cyclists perhaps we need to keep clear in case the animal voids its bladder!
Retired and loving it
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

fraxinus wrote:They seem to have died out but I used to hate those miniture football kits in the back window.

Not in Liverpool they haven't... I think you can buy them at JJB Sports (between the evening wear and wedding sections).
AlanD

Post by AlanD »

I can see the value of the "child on board" sticker, but I wonder if the driver has considered the possible implications of displaying it when there is not a child on board. If that car's upside down in a ditch and on fire, somebody might risk their life looking for a non-existent child.
The one I really find pointless is "show dogs in transit". Who cares!
GrahamNR17

Post by GrahamNR17 »

kwackers wrote:Not in Liverpool they haven't... I think you can buy them at JJB Sports (between the evening wear and wedding sections).

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Edwards

Post by Edwards »

GrahamNR17 wrote:"Child on board" etc. I hate those! Who cares if they've bred? In fact, I'd rather most of them kept it a secret What is it they expect of me? A toot on the horn by way of congratulations? A double toot by way of commiseration for the ugly little git they've produced? Grrrrr

That has to be the grumpiest thing I have ever read on here.

I laughed so much :lol: I nearly wet myself :oops:
Keith Edwards
I do not care about spelling and grammar