What size is it?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Dai

What size is it?

Post by Dai »

Just been looking at various ad mags - exchange and mart etc., and it amazed me how many of the advertisers had put cycles up for sale without bothering to include the size.

Where's the sense?
Si

Post by Si »

Yep, annoying isn't it!

But, if you are looking at the ads like the ones in my local rags, then they are mostly from what some people unkindly term "POBs" rather than "Cyclists". They have little knowledge concerning bikes, and assume that they only come in two sizes: adult's or kid's.
Dai

Post by Dai »

Yes you're right.

For sale: Adult's bike - black - little used. Also for sale adult's brain - grey/green - used less than the bike - £30 of nearest offer
jb

Post by jb »

How many people would know how to size a bike? especially these funny modern frames.
Cheers
J Bro
Dai

Post by Dai »

If I wanted to sell something I'd make it my business to provide as much info as possible - maybe that's just me
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Car adds are worse whilst looking for a little Fietsa for my daughter some time ago I came across this:-
Ford Hubert peacefully in his sleep devoted husband ,and father.
whoops

Post by whoops »

I was looking for a Ford Fiesta for my daughter, but, unfortunately, no one accepted, so I had to pay CASH for one!
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

whoops wrote:I was looking for a Ford Fiesta for my daughter, but, unfortunately, no one accepted, so I had to pay CASH for one!

Well suppose money speaks louder than words:0)
David

Post by David »

Si wrote:Yep, annoying isn't it!

But, if you are looking at the ads like the ones in my local rags, then they are mostly from what some people unkindly term "POBs" rather than "Cyclists". They have little knowledge concerning bikes, and assume that they only come in two sizes: adult's or kid's.

POBs ?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

David wrote:
Si wrote:Yep, annoying isn't it!

POBs ?

Appently theres a difference between "cyclists" and people on bikes or POB's
PS POB's when I were a lad was broken up bread in milk!
Dai

Post by Dai »

Wasn't Pob some sort of children's TV character in the 80s?
Si

Post by Si »

Dai wrote:Wasn't Pob some sort of children's TV character in the 80s?

are you sure that wasn't Bod? :)
Dai

Post by Dai »

Ai you're right - sorry It's my aged and often windswept brain. And the rising damp.
Mrs Tortoise

Re: What size is it?

Post by Mrs Tortoise »

Dai wrote:Just been looking at various ad mags - exchange and mart etc., and it amazed me how many of the advertisers had put cycles up for sale without bothering to include the size.

Where's the sense?

Why is it that men are always obsessing about size ? :roll:
Dai

Post by Dai »

It's because none of us are as big or clever as we think we are.