I have a confession

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mick F
Spambuster

I have a confession

Post by Mick F »

I have a confession.

I haven't been on my bike since Dec 7th.

Sorry.

Mick F. Cornwall
Terry T

Post by Terry T »

If you haven't got a note from your Mum explaining your absence, you will be kept behind for detention! :wink:
Dai

Post by Dai »

I have to confess - I went on my a bike the other day, did about three miles and heard a funny noise from the rear wheel. Turned out to be a big bulge in the tyre. Let some pressure out to stop it banging but it blew a few miles later.
I only went out in all the wind and crap to try out the new bike computer I had for Christmas. Finally gave in and brought some decent tyres (schwalbe marathons) so hope I can go on a ride soon without a puncture - had loads in the last few months.
The computer is great by the way - though I can't quite see how it works out the calories consumed - with the hills round here I bet I use a lot more calories per mile than someone from the fen country.

As for you Mick F - you're a disgrace; you should be stripped of your CTC card, have your cleats dashed to the ground and your helmet punched through - you cad sir. :D :wink:
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Look, I said I'm sorry!

I've been busy, Christmas took its toll, not to mention New year's Eve. And don't forget I had that terrible bout of Man Flu. AND it kept re-curring. I still have the snuffles.

I know it's all excuses, but I AM sorry, and I'll be back on my bike THIS WEEK.

I promise.

Mick F. Cornwall
Simon L6

Post by Simon L6 »

Mick

cover yourself in Lithium grease and have somebody flay you with inner tubes (but not the valve bits). Won't do a bit of good, but you can post the pictures and be the toast of your fellow correspondents!

Hope this helps

Simon
2Tubs

Post by 2Tubs »

Simon L6 wrote:Mick

cover yourself in Lithium grease and have somebody flay you with inner tubes (but not the valve bits). Won't do a bit of good, but you can post the pictures and be the toast of your fellow correspondents!

Hope this helps

Simon

Err, I know a large lady who wears black leather that might be able to help with this. For a fee of course . . .

>;o)

Gazza
Dai

Post by Dai »

2Tubs wrote:
Simon L6 wrote:Mick

Hope this helps

Simon

Err, I know a large lady who wears black leather that might be able to help with this. For a fee of course . . .

>;o)

Gazza

So that's where she went
whoops

FLAN MUE

Post by whoops »

Mike F and Dai, It's nice to be back. Mick I'm sorry to hear you had a touch of the old Flan Mue. We all know how much more serious it is for men! I hope everybody eventually "Comes Back" into the fold for some more banter, or should I say "Billy Santa" as I'ts near Xmas.
BICE TO BE NACK!
Terry T

Post by Terry T »

Yeah, modern drugs are great! It enables a woman with flu to look after a man with a cold :wink:
daveg

Post by daveg »

just found my way back onto the new boards. Nice to see everyone already here, but shocked and horrified at this. How has Mrs Mick F coped???

But seeing as the post is over a week old am I right to assume that you have now been out there slogging up those West country hills? Come on, lets be knowing. Do you still have to break this duck (that said weather has not been wonderful here in Yorkshire so I'm not bragging that I've managed many miles either).
Dai

Post by Dai »

Welcome back Daveg - happy nude ear to you
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I've been out a couple of times, but other things have to be done. I'm 'retired' and the work never ceases. I've just pressure washed the drive (100 yards of tarmac). We live in a rural environment - log burners take logs, you know. We have a couple of acres of woods - they take maintenance.

But enough of my excuses!

My next trip out will be tomorrow, hopefully, off to North Tamerton to cross Tamerton Bridge, the next bit of The Quest. 60 odd miles round trip.

Please, do look it up in your atlases!

Man Flu gone.

Mick F. Cornwall
Andrew Mills

Post by Andrew Mills »

Di
hope you got some older model (schwalbe marathons) as the new ones are no good I have them on 3 of my bikes and have had 6 puntures in the last few month, never had any trouble with the old model.

the don't make them like they used to!
Dai

Post by Dai »

They seem OK so far - I haven't had a puncture for the last 220 miles which is something of a record compared to the tyres I had before - in November and early December I got so sick of mending punctures I almost gave it all up - almost.
Mrs Tortoise

Post by Mrs Tortoise »

Try Specialized armadillo tyres, they're almost bullet proof.