Have you tried cycling in wellies?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mrs Tortoise

Post by Mrs Tortoise »

Dai wrote:Is that an offer Mrs T? Bet you know a few of the Cardiff hotspots eh?

What was hot when I was a student in Cardiff, will have cooled somewhat by now. (probably frozen over or redeveloped! It was the 1970's). :(
Dai

Post by Dai »

Sadly Mrs T it's gone the way of most town centres in as much as it looks like every other town centre in Britain. At night however it's different - you get a much politer class of drunken teenager in Wales and the pavement pizzas are far more artistic. Oh and the singing's in tune.
Andrew Mills

Post by Andrew Mills »

[quote="Mick F"]Isn't this MB wonderful! Now we're into The Second World War and the RAF!

Notice I didn't say "WW2", it's like saying "Jaws2" or "Singin' in the Rain2" or "Casablanca2". Or how's about "Brief Encounter2"?

But youdid say RAF not Royal-Air-Force which some would say was worse.
Mrs Tortoise

Post by Mrs Tortoise »

I'm not quite sure what all this has to do with cycling in wellies, custard variety or other? :?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Mrs Tortoise wrote:I'm not quite sure what all this has to do with cycling in wellies, custard variety or other? :?

Don't be too hasty m'dear wellies, cycling,and custard have so far managed to "gell" together all thats needed is to roundle up the bluegrey areas and we'll have lift off.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Andrew Mills wrote:But youdid say RAF not Royal-Air-Force which some would say was worse.

I said RAF. Not Raf.

RAF (ie Royal-Air-Force) was used by 'regulars'. Raf was used by the National Servicemen.

Mick F. ex Royal Navy (RN). Cornwall
Last edited by Mick F on 13 Apr 2008, 9:41pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dai

Post by Dai »

Well said Mick

Dai ex Royal Army Medical Corps (RAMC)
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

R2 ex National Coal Board(NCB) working deep undercover.
You ain't seen me, right?

cP:0)
whoops

Post by whoops »

So it seams R2 , but I'm completely in the dark on the subject of coal mines, or even treacle mines coming to that!
Dai

Post by Dai »

I can't face a load of coal mine jokes because somebody's bound to bring up helmets - doh
Mrs Tortoise

Post by Mrs Tortoise »

Dai wrote:I can't face a load of coal mine jokes because somebody's bound to bring up helmets - doh

I thought they brought up coal, just goes to show how little we knew about it in Llandaff. :roll:
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

whoops wrote:So it seams R2 , but I'm completely in the dark on the subject of coal mines, or even treacle mines coming to that!

The jam butty mines were best to work in,the down side was the galleries were too small for me to work in,place was full of diddymen
cP:0)
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Mrs Tortoise wrote:
Dai wrote:I can't face a load of coal mine jokes because somebody's bound to bring up helmets - doh

I thought they brought up coal, just goes to show how little we knew about it in Llandaff. :roll:

MrsT you have a dark humour :0) )0:
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Anybody here have any memories of the early 70's cycling in platform boots/shoes? :shock:

Simon L6

Post by Simon L6 »

yes!

madness!

and happily not photographed!

Italian women commute on shopper bikes wearing high heels, and look incredibly chic - but enough of my private obsessions.