Council Meeting: 24 April 2010

A place to discuss the issues relating to the proposed change in the national CTC’s structure.
Regulator

Council Meeting: 24 April 2010

Post by Regulator »

Just a reminder to folks that this Saturday (24 April) is a public Council meeting. It's at 10.30 a.m. at the Charity Centre, 24 Stephenson Way, London NW1 2DP.

We would encourage any members who can to attend. Come and listen to how Council operates, see what weight is given to your views and interests, and hear those who purport to speak for you. You have the right to attend these meetings (although Council and National Office seem to like to keep quiet about them and don't publicise them).
Kevin Mayne

Re: Council Meeting: 24 April 2010

Post by Kevin Mayne »

Sorry, Greg is wrong in his posting.

CTC Council meetings are open to members but standing orders require those wishing to attend to register in advance and there is a limit of six observers, normally allocated on a first come, first served basis. This allocation has existed since long before I worked for CTC and I have no idea why the level was set at six but there has not been demand to this point.

If more than six people apply Council can consider temporarily lifting standing orders but it would be extremely useful to know numbers, not least for the very practical reason that we are using hired premises and we have to arrange facilities with the venue.

As the Secretary to Council is currently stuck abroad behind an ash cloud I suggest anyone wishing to attend emails cycling@ctc.org.uk where it will be passed on.
Regulator

Post by Regulator »

Kevin Mayne wrote:Sorry, Greg is wrong in his posting.

CTC Council meetings are open to members but standing orders require those wishing to attend to register in advance and there is a limit of six observers, normally allocated on a first come, first served basis. This allocation has existed since long before I worked for CTC and I have no idea why the level was set at six but there has not been demand to this point.

If more than six people apply Council can consider temporarily lifting standing orders but it would be extremely useful to know numbers, not least for the very practical reason that we are using hired premises and we have to arrange facilities with the venue.

As the Secretary to Council is currently stuck abroad behind an ash cloud I suggest anyone wishing to attend emails cycling@ctc.org.uk where it will be passed on.

I'm not quite sure where you suggest I am wrong. Members do have the right to attend Council meetings. The six observers bit can be easily waived, if Council so wishes. I see no reason why Council would not want members to attend - after all, we have an obligation to be open and transparent in our dealings.
Regulator

Post by Regulator »

Just checked the Standing Orders and Resolutions in Force...

...no specific number given for the number of observer allowed at a Council meeting. Not quite sure where the Chief Executive got the figure six from.
Simon L6

Post by Simon L6 »

I've applied. I'm taking my own sandwiches.