Can we get our bikes back from JOG separately from us?

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
drewmellor

Can we get our bikes back from JOG separately from us?

Post by drewmellor »

We're doing the LEJOG starting next Sunday and have not figured out how we can get our bikes back as we're being picked up by a friends helicopter... Sounds very glamourous so we didn't want to refuse but now struggling to think of how we get the bokes back!!

I think I've read somewhere that you can get them posted / couriered back but having looked at so many sites / books in the last 6 months I can't remember where I read it or whether I've completely made that up... If anyone can help I would very much apreciate it!
random37

Re: Can we get our bikes back from JOG separately from us?

Post by random37 »

If you're staying somewhere before you leave, you could get two bike boxes from the LBS there and organise courier collection. www.parcel2go.com would charge £10.50 per bike.
james01

Post by james01 »

You could pack them in boxes for the flight, then have an argument with your pilot friend about whether they qualify as normal hand luggage :lol: .
bikes4two

Post by bikes4two »

I used the services 2 weeks ago of a guy (Kyle) to get my wife, self and tandem from JoG to Inverness in his specially adapted Transit van at 120 GBP. You could ask him if he'll take your bikes, pack and post them - email Kyle at info@highlandbicycletransfers.co.uk . He has a website www.highlandbicycletransfers.co.uk
Without my stoker, every trip would only be half a journey