JOGLE query

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
tvpkdl

JOGLE query

Post by tvpkdl »

Hi all, just after a bit of info. I am doing the JOGLE later this year and not sure if there is a register to be signed and start and finish or a book that can be stamped at certain points along the way. Or is it just the standard start and finish photos. Any advice would be gratefully received.
Thanks
vernon

Re: JOGLE query

Post by vernon »

There is some sort of LEJOG club. There are hotels at either end with registers to sign. Membership is by paying a £15 fee plus providing proof of passage via receipts from at least six different places en route.

I still have an envelope somewhere containing my proofs of passage from my LEJOG from four or five years years ago. Never got around to posting it.

http://www.endtoenders.co.uk/
bikes4two

Post by bikes4two »

We did lejog on our tandem in April - I didn't have to prove our trip, but we have loads of evidence starting with photos at each end showing the commercially used signpost* that has the location and date on them. Plus of course countless detailed till receipts, ATM slips, Debit card slips and so on, and any accommodation 'signing in/registering' books. At joG there are large books in the cafe and souviner shop to sign if you want to. Don't know about Lands End - was too keen to get started to look.

* at each end there is an enterprising fellow who will put your home town on his signpost and take your photo, for a fee of course. I think it's 10 GBP but you can take your own photo with the post in the background without too much difficulty and I didn't get hassle for doing so either.
Without my stoker, every trip would only be half a journey
ferrit worrier

Post by ferrit worrier »

Contact the end to end club at Lands End they have a transit verification form that you can take with you get it stamped at the start and finish and the places you stay in between. A nice momento of a great achievment! get a copy of it when you finish and send it to them and they will send you a certificate.

Good luck

Malc
Percussive maintainance, if it don't fit, hit it with the hammer.
tvpkdl

Post by tvpkdl »

Thank you both for your replies, and thanks for the link to the club site. This will be my first tour ride and have found lots of excellent advice from this discussion board. Thanks again.
robgul

Post by robgul »

The Seaview Hotel at JOG is the official sign in place at that end (as the JOG hotel is closed and boarded up) - see www.seaviewjohnogroats.co.uk/ - and while you're at it why not add your ride dates at www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk ?

Rob
(Cycle E2E webmaster)
E2E http://www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk
HoECC http://www.heartofenglandcyclingclub.org.uk
Cytech accredited mechanic . . . and woodworker