Pictures of your Trailers

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: Pictures of your Trailers

Post by Mick F »

Many years ago, we were in the Balloch Hotel on Lomondside, W Scotland, and Daughter2 aged 4 wandered over to a HUGE hairy German Shepherd and threw her arms around its neck.

The dog-owner and the pub regulars gasped in alarm. We didn't bat an eye as both our daughters had been brought up with dogs. Daughter2 just sighed and stroked the beautiful beast, but the owner looked on in stunned admiration ........... at the dog or the little girl?

We will never know!
Mick F. Cornwall
Robert

Post by Robert »

That's our neighbour's dog giving the EBC trailer a look over. I'm in two minds about taking it this year, but if I don't I'll need to get a new set of front forks and low rider racks for the tandem.
caer urfa

Post by caer urfa »

Seems like some hard-core stuff here:

www.adventure-cycling-guide.co.uk/trailers.htm
beachcomber

Post by beachcomber »

Kona Dawg. On route to Castleford via York.Meet friends at Castleford, then by bus to Whitehaven for C2C. Carrying spares and large tool kit in support of riders for charity. Left trailer on bus during C2C.

Bob Yak trailer. Photo at Rievaulx Abbey North Yorks.
Attachments
kona reivaulx.jpg
drossall

Post by drossall »

Not my picture - it comes from the comic, decades ago.
However, I like the concept. I've tried it since with my own Bike Hod, but I prefer to take out the wheels and put them on wheel carriers, to improve the stability of the trailer. I'm not sure how it was done in the picture, but I used a car-roof bike carrier.
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

You'll never know if you don't try it.
corshamjim

Post by corshamjim »

cycleruk wrote:Sorry it has to be a link:-

http://forums.bicycletutor.com/thread-1529.html

Wow! You humble me. I've been angsting about how to carry just one Dahon Folder on the back of my commuter hack.
ToggleChain Tourist - http://www.togglechaintour.co.uk/
ian burt

Post by ian burt »

I too have a Carry Freedom large trailer and have found that the 147 litre box by "the really usefull box company" is a perfect fit. It means that the shopping, or in my case, the cat, doesn't get wet. I did of course have to fit yacht vents into the top. I've also built a bike carrier fitting, an open box and have nearly finished a somewhat large extension to carry timber, insulation and other large items.

The only problems I have found with the CF trailer is that the linkages rattle a lot and I get a lot of "push/pull" from it as I ride.

Keep towing, it's one less car on the road.

Ian
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

ian burt wrote:The only problems I have found with the CF trailer is that the linkages rattle a lot and I get a lot of "push/pull" from it as I ride.

The new "Lollipop" hitch is wonderful! Totally silent!
Also, easier to connect and disconnect.

You only get push/pull if you don't have a steady pedalling action. A few folk have complained, but if you concentrate on your pedalling style, the push/pull will completely disappear. Eventually, it becomes natural.
Mick F. Cornwall
GrahamNR17

Post by GrahamNR17 »

Mick F wrote:
ian burt wrote:The only problems I have found with the CF trailer is that the linkages rattle a lot and I get a lot of "push/pull" from it as I ride.

The new "Lollipop" hitch is wonderful! Totally silent!
Also, easier to connect and disconnect.

You only get push/pull if you don't have a steady pedalling action. A few folk have complained, but if you concentrate on your pedalling style, the push/pull will completely disappear. Eventually, it becomes natural.

+1 for the lollipop hitch. I upgraded both my trailers to that hitch following Mick's report, and they really are fabulous and quiet too.

If you order direct they are cheaper than CF dealers :wink:
lopytog

Post by lopytog »

Boss cat, Can I ask you where you got that ball hitch from and what size it is?
Appaloosa62

Post by Appaloosa62 »

Hi Bosscat. I really like the idea of the small tow ball hitch! Could you tell me where i can get one for my fishing trailer? I`ve searched for one that size for months, but no luck. They seem as rare as Hens teeth! Hope you can help. Many thanks.
hemo

Post by hemo »

My converted Norco with Bafang CST hub towing my CF (large) , which I use locally for my beekeeping.
Load this morning with approx. 120lbs all up load weight on board.
I paid £125 used off of ebay.

DSCF1026_LI.jpg
gaz

Post by gaz »

Since this thread has been resurected.

Burley Solo, flogged on when it was outgrown. With hindsight I should have kept it and used it for cargo.

My Raleigh Mule (Burley hitch), quaxing and general lugging duties.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade