4 x LEJOG'rs - 1 x Hit n Run - A449

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
steve64

4 x LEJOG'rs - 1 x Hit n Run - A449

Post by steve64 »

Hi

I learned today from a friend who is a Police Officer that he came across a cyclist sprawled across the road on the A499 just outside Kidderminster in Worcestershire, he was on his Police motorbike so obviously stopped and did what he needed to do.

It transpired that this cyclist was 'clipped' by a passing car that failed to stop and the cyclist was injured and was carted off to hospital.

He was with another 3 cyclists who told my mate that they were heading north doing LE-JOG. Ive no idea what the outcome of the injured guy (it didnt make the local press).

Does anyone know any 4 cyclists heading north or who it might be?
MPurslow

Re: 4 x LEJOG'rs - 1 x Hit n Run - A449

Post by MPurslow »

thats in my local area. I cycled on this road today. I dont know who it could be but I hope they recover soon enough.
Please support us for our summer JOGLE!. [url][url]http://www.tinyurl.com/blfcycle[/url][/url]

In Aid of British Lung Foundation!
madmark

Post by madmark »

Bad news. Hope that he recovers quickly. Ridiculous that the driver didnt stop, its crazy.......thoughtless.
mattraisin

Post by mattraisin »

Some Chav honked his horn at me at a junction and scared the hell out of me...I gave him the two fingered salute and he sped past me...clipped me with his mirror...he did this on a corner..on a steep hill...caught the bugger and smashed his wing mirror off.
A puncture in the middle of nowhere simply gives you more time to admire the view.
vernon

Post by vernon »

mattraisin wrote:Some Chav honked his horn at me at a junction and scared the hell out of me...I gave him the two fingered salute and he sped past me...clipped me with his mirror...he did this on a corner..on a steep hill...caught the bugger and smashed his wing mirror off.

Well done for helping to reinforce the prejudices of that particular motorist who'll see all cyclists as arrogant mindless vandals. I wonder how many future victims at his hands you'll be responsible for.
meic

Post by meic »

Clearly none as the driver had ALREADY started hitting cyclists with his car before having his mirror smashed in retribution. It is equally or more likely that this may make them desist in such actions.
Who started the "dispute" in the first place?
Yma o Hyd
mattraisin

Post by mattraisin »

He clipped me after deliberately scaring the hell out of me. Hopefully now he will give cyclists a little more space. People do things like that because they think they can get away with it.
A puncture in the middle of nowhere simply gives you more time to admire the view.