Saab 9-3 Silver grey saloon partial index SG53???

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
thekelticfringe

Saab 9-3 Silver grey saloon partial index SG53???

Post by thekelticfringe »

Be warned about a white male about 45 salt and pepper hair and executive haircut driving this car in the Glasgow/Cambuslang area. He repeatedly tried to squeese me into the curb when overtaking me in traffic tonight, and force me into oncoming traffic when I was overtaking him on the offside in slow moving queues.

I then stopped trying to pass and rode behind him, so he started a series of 'emergency' stops and fast accellerations with no apparent purpose - certainly not called for by road and traffic conditions.

I did absolutely nothing to provike this kind of behaviour except possibly being able to go as fast as him in the traffic!

NOTE this is a warning, NOT an exhortation to violence.
Pedal faster, I hear banjos!
cjchambers

Re: Saab 5-3 Silver grey saloon partial index SG53???

Post by cjchambers »

He clearly has issues with a man on a bicycle being faster than him depsite him paying lots of money to have a nice sit down on the way home and a huge engine to do all the work :?

Just to be clear - either a Saab 9-5 or Saab 9-3, surely? There isn't a 5-3 model. (I would go into boring detail about why all Saab models begin with '9', but I'm sure you don't want to hear it in the circumstances . . . )
thekelticfringe

Post by thekelticfringe »

Yes you're right - a 9-3 - realised after i posted that there's no such model -cheers
Pedal faster, I hear banjos!
johncharles

Post by johncharles »

Whats an executive haircut by the way :?:
ANTONISH

Post by ANTONISH »

johncharles wrote:Whats an executive haircut by the way :?:

Presumably the person carrying an executive briefcase will have one :?
stoobs

Post by stoobs »

New mirrors for that kind of car cost about £150.
meic

Post by meic »

Quite possibly the reason why he is driving like that is because he found out that price after an encounter with another cyclist.

Then the vicious circle gets more and more vicious.
Yma o Hyd
gilesjuk

Post by gilesjuk »

Saab's said to be for people having a 'mid-life crisis'. Probably a deeply unhappy pillock.
stoobs

Post by stoobs »

meic wrote:Quite possibly the reason why he is driving like that is because he found out that price after an encounter with another cyclist.

Then the vicious circle gets more and more vicious.

I was merely commenting that he should be careful driving like that, as the inconvenience and cost of a collision is not worth it against his valuable time, and he might not quite be in the tank that he thinks he's in. Moving out when being overtaken is stupid and dangerous, and against the Highway Code.

He was presumably thinking that he could outbrake a cyclist without thinking of the consequences. Should he pull out and brake, and your handlebars went through his mirror, where would he be? Of course, these arguments apply equally to cyclists, but we already know our own vulnerabilities, whereas he might not have thought it through.