Favourite tea shops

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
fausto copy

Re: Favourite tea shops

Post by fausto copy »

cycle cat wrote:You can read all their cycling magazines whilst waiting for your food

Hope that doesn't mean the service is that slow.... :roll:
Michael R

Post by Michael R »

Braveheart wrote:Not a tea shop but a Cafe.

Star Cafe, Star Industrial Esate, Partrigde Green, West Sussex RH13 8RA. Just off the B2135. Handy for Road and Trail (on the Downs Link Route)

Open Mon–Fri 8am–2:30pm Sat 9am–1pm Sun Closed

Great all day breakfast for £5.00 - locally sourced food.

Not so favourite - again on the Downs link/A272 - Muddy Cyclists not welcome - we were asked to sit outside in the rain after we ordered our cream tea - Orchard Family Restuarant, West Grinstead. My mate Jim inadvertently got his own back as he leaned against the wall and left a huge streak of mud - perhaps why cyclists are not really welcome

Wipe your bum or get mudguards!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
fatboy

Post by fatboy »

Here's a few that I know about.

Emily's tea rooms in Whitwell herts SG4 8BN. Good bike friendly place always full of cyclists, have mags that you can read and I never have to lock my bike up as they'd nick the nicer ones first!

Farroby farm SG7 5EY in Hinxworth right next to the A1 (don't overshoot as you'll be on the A1) which does fantastic food that is good value. N.B. Closed Wednesday (caught me out yesterday and it's the only one for miles around!).

From my Coast and Casltes ride I can recommend the Woodhorn Museum cafe. They stored our panniers whilst we ate lunch and there was shelter to fix my puncture! Also the Copper Kettle in Bamburgh is good (although the service was "interesting").
"Marriage is a wonderful invention; but then again so is the bicycle puncture repair kit." - Billy Connolly
Lee Batchelor

Re:

Post by Lee Batchelor »

ianr1950 wrote:Jades tearooms at Newtown Linford. This kept me going for a further 30 miles.

...did you climb it or eat it?
Smudge

Post by Smudge »

Lovely Cake at Gillys in Axminster Devon

Simon
"It never gets easier ~ You just go faster"
robwa10

Post by robwa10 »

After this Saturday's run out I feel I should mention the Beresford Tearoom in Hartington. It was a nice little tea shop with good food at good prices. We happen to sit at a table with the owner as well since it was so full and she was a lovely lady. Recommended if you're passing through.
Just Rob please.
mrs doubtfire

Post by mrs doubtfire »

Just to mention ---Riverside Cafe ,Waterside ,Knaresborough.--really nice and clean welcoming cafe .Lovely views recently refurbished .Excellent food .Cyclists especially welcome .

Nice and homely atmosphere give it a try .
mrs doubtfire

Post by mrs doubtfire »

Just found a new tea shop .

So if you are cycling between Otley and Ilkley or Ilkley and Otley .Drop in here .

www.cockpitfarm.blogspot.com/

All are welcome and the views are superb .
fossil

Post by fossil »

i can recommend the tea shop at Tebay, in Cumbria
tis i the old school house , they serve tea in proper pots with tea strainers! , comfy seat's and sofas, we didn't want to leave

www.theoldschooltebay.co.uk

10/10
spanner

Post by spanner »

the cafe in Biggar here in scotland
they welcome cyclists as apparently its been a cyclists cafe for years
they do a good bacon roll and coffee or full breakfast at reasonable prices
the pub across the road and down a bit does a nice lunch and also welcomes cyclists
Nutsey

Post by Nutsey »

Went to my first tea shop today. It was awesome! :mrgreen:

Chorley Old Rd, Bolton, by the fishing ponds. I actually shouted "Yes, a tea shop!" as I saw it unexpectedely.
ferrit worrier

Post by ferrit worrier »

Fredericks Ice cream shop 0n the A6 just at the junction with Wigan Lane Chorley nice coffe, loads of ice cream, cakes. and bike friendly
Percussive maintainance, if it don't fit, hit it with the hammer.
flat tyre

South Harting, West Sussex

Post by flat tyre »

There is an excellent tea with homemade cakes etc available in the Malthouse at South Harting, it's open from 3-5pm on Sundays up to 12th September.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Writtle Tea Rooms

They are just off NCN1 at Writtle College. They have ample bike parking, CTC sign on the door, indoor & outdoor seating, good tea & coffee, and lovely cakes :D
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Guy951

Post by Guy951 »

The Old Post Office in Southill, Beds. I've never been in there (a bit too close to home - about 3 miles) but every time I ride past there's always bikes leaning against the wall under the windows. (A pair of Mercians last time I passed).
What manner of creature's this, being but half a fish and half a monster