Australian Wins Helmet Law Case

For all discussions about this "lively" subject. All topics that are substantially about helmet usage will be moved here.
anothereye

Australian Wins Helmet Law Case

Post by anothereye »

Guy951

Re: Australian Wins Helmet Law Case

Post by Guy951 »

Huzzah!

Pass it on to Headway :mrgreen:
What manner of creature's this, being but half a fish and half a monster
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

I completely agree,wearing a helmet should be at the discretion of the cyclist,not the law!
I wonder if this could be the begining of the collapse of helmet legislation in Australia? surely if one person is found not guilty,the rest of people are pardoned,though I don't know how Australian law works :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
snibgo

Post by snibgo »

Good news indeed, for those of us on the anti-compulsion side. A more extensive report here: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/heady-freedom ... 13vz2.html
irc

Post by irc »

Dear oh Dear. In the comments one person suggested wearing helmets because of the danger of poor driving by truckers and the high number of bike lanes in the doorzone. The fact that a helmet won't be much good if a truck hits you and that that a dooring is prevented by correct riding seems to have escaped him or her.
No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?
downfader

Post by downfader »

Excellant news, perhaps they can now begin focussing on road safety instead of stupid exercises that only risk the person the law targets. :P It should always be about personal choice
Palinurus

Post by Palinurus »

That is good news. Where now for the helmet law in Australia?
downfader

Post by downfader »

Palinurus wrote:That is good news. Where now for the helmet law in Australia?

Didnt someone here post that there was going to be a parliamentry debate on it? There are certain ministers said to be trying to look at the options. Sadly I've only heard this as gossip on forums...