Help! I need a jacket!

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
willem jongman

Re: Help! I need a jacket!

Post by willem jongman »

You may also consider workwear Goretex jackets for roadworkers. They are considerably cheaper and safer than the sportswear stuff. The only snag is they are heavier.
Willem
bikefish

Post by bikefish »

+1for Gore Tex workware - flouro with reflective strips cheap as chips from Surplus stores / car boot sales in the UK.
Yep its a bit heavy and bulky compared to bike specific jackets but you will stay dry longer and the jacket will last longer. I would go for 3 layer as it is easier to get on / off when wet and the tape condition is easily assessed. Thicker Non ripstop fabric delaminates less readily than thin bike specific stuff...
bikerpauline

Post by bikerpauline »

Got one of these http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-hi ... ens-636109 yesterday from Sports Direct in Worcester. I had checked out the Aldi one first but these seem a much better buy.
bodach

Post by bodach »

I have just come back from a week away in high winds and torrential rain showers.My new Endura waterproof shorts and an e-vent jacket from Wiggle seemed to be the best I have had yet for comfort and ending the day dry.The only downside is that the only colour of jacket at the price I wanted was black but I got round that to an extent for road use with a hi viz freebie bag I got at an event a couple of years ago which I fixed on my tool bag behind the saddle.For road use I think best to be as conspicuous as possible. Does'nt always seem to work but one can only try.
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

bikerpauline wrote:Got one of these http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-hi ... ens-636109 yesterday from Sports Direct in Worcester. I had checked out the Aldi one first but these seem a much better buy.

That looks spot on for what I need, most of the other stuff mentioned here costs more than my bike :shock:
quiksilver

Post by quiksilver »

Montane Featherlight
SiF

Post by SiF »

quiksilver wrote:Montane Featherlight

+1 for the featherlite for light rain. Need H20 version for heavier rain (taped seams and different material).