Username confusion

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
Mike Rodgers

Username confusion

Post by Mike Rodgers »

Well, registered for about 5 minutes and I'm already in trouble! :oops: I registered the username Mike R which was accepted, then went to the expedition section and the first post I looked at was by MikeR. Even I thought it was me for a minute. What's the thing to do in these circumstances? Should I re-register with a different name, or what?
gordonedenuk

Mike R

Post by gordonedenuk »

Looks to me as though you have given your name as "Mike R" with a space separating the 'e' and 'R'. The other name is "MikeR", without a space. My experience of using user names and file names is that any variation in spelling or punctuation/spacing makes it into a different name, as far as the computer is concerned - it only sees a variation!
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Hi Mike!

I could suffer too ....

Mick F. Cornwall
Mike Rodgers

Mike R/Mike Rodgers

Post by Mike Rodgers »

No more confusion! Graham has kindly taken a screwdriver to the system and retroactively changed my username, which solves the problem although admittedly makes the original posting look a bit odd. Plus, my cloak of anonimity (is that spelt right?) has been removed (though that was my choice).

BTW, loved the LEJOGLE blog, Mick.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Thanks Mike!

It's great to hear that folks have liked the read.

I loved writing it, and I loved the ride! (even though the goings were tough at times ...... )

Regards,

Mick F. Cornwall