Great Notley (Braintree, Essex) area rides

Anything relating to the clubs associated with Cycling UK
grobbo

Great Notley (Braintree, Essex) area rides

Post by grobbo »

Hi,

I am a 42 year old returning to the roads after a 15 year break - does anybody know of any local Sunday rides that might suit? I will need to start fairly easily but am looking to build up to a decent level in terms of fitness.

I have been told of a club that meets at Tesco's Gt Notley but can't seem to find out who it is.

Many thanks for your help.

Geoff
E.C.Ryder

Re: Great Notley (Braintree, Essex) area rides

Post by E.C.Ryder »

Don`t know about any clubs meeting at Great Notley, but you could try the Braintree Velo CRC
http://www.braintreevelo.com

Hope this helps.
grobbo

Post by grobbo »

Hi,
Thanks for that. I had looked at them but felt they might be looking for better riders than I am at the moment - might be worth a call though.
Cheers
Geoff
bloomers100

Post by bloomers100 »

Hi

I know of a group of triathletes from Born 2 Tri that meet at that Tescos on Saturday morning, all sorts of abilities in that group, perhaps its them.

The landlord of the Compasses at Littley Green is trying to get a cycling group off the ground on wednesday nights and Sunday mornings, he tells me the rides are around the 30 mile mark.

Lastly the Chelmer Cycling Club have rides for all abilities, the most leisurely is Saturday afternoons and there is a C group on Sunday mornings. They start from Meteor Way in Chelmsford.
Keith

Post by Keith »

Geoff,
Some CTC Suffolk rides come within reach of Braintree, e.g. Bures. You might be able to meet us at 11s and perhaps ride to lunch. There are several folk from Colchester who regularly ride with us (our rides start from Ipswich). You can find the rides list on our web site
http://www.greenlivingcentre.org.uk/ctc/

regards
Keith (CTC Suffolk sec)
ctc.suffolk@btinternet.com
grobbo

Post by grobbo »

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I will take a look at the options mentioned to see what might be most suitable.

It is a bit daunting joining a group as a beginner but I feel the need to ride with others to learn, get tips etc

Cheers
Geoff
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Grobbo, you have PM.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Big Tim

Post by Big Tim »

The club that rides from Gt Notley is born2tri
http://www.born2tri.com/wordpress/