Crosso Panniers

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
vsmith1

Crosso Panniers

Post by vsmith1 »

I am really interested in getting some of these panniers - the Expert range front and back. I am looking for advice as to how I can get hold of them. The website, the commercial shop side, is only in Polish. I wondered if any CTC people might be interested in helping me organise an order.

I have heard of other people getting someone travelling out to Poland and back to the UK to bring back the panniers but I don't know anyone in that situation.

Thanks In Advance
Vince
julk

Re: Crosso Panniers

Post by julk »

A lot of the Crosso website is available in English although the shop pages are in Polish,
e.g.
home page
contact page
Why not try the e-mail link on the contact page and ask them for help buying some panniers.
denmancentral

Post by denmancentral »

Most of the important stuff is in English too. I bought some panniers from them a while back. It was a bit complicated because the only way to pay from a UK account (in 2008) was to do a foreign currency money transfer to their bank account. I used a service called Tranzfers (first transaction free, otherwise £7). I guess you can ask your bank too. After I worked all that out it wasn't too bad.

The steps were:
You tell them (by email) what you want - they tell you the total price - you transfer the money - they post the goods when it arrives

In fact I had a delivery address in Warsaw but the steps are the same. Great customer service and communication- clearly it's a very small company. I would hope that now they have a better system (like accepting Paypal or something). I imagine there wasn't enough demand to get a UK supplier. The panniers are great and were excellent value. I wish I'd bought a full set of the expert model!
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

They look Great! A real alternative to the benchmark Ortlieb products. Didn't spot a catalog or a price list, though. Don't forget to take their advice to 'puck' everything carefully... :?
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
vsmith1

Post by vsmith1 »

Progress....

I have contacted crosso by email as suggested, and they have replied. I'm just waiting to see how to pay. I'll let this thread update to record how it all goes.

They are planning to have the store updated and support overseas orders.
vsmith1

Post by vsmith1 »

I have ordered using email , paid by PayPal, and seen via DPD Parcel tracking they they've crossed Poland and into Germany, crossed Germany. That's it so far. I went for front and rear Expert panniers (ie Big and Small).

Crosso are a bit slow in getting responses to emails, but they are on an early start early finish so emails came back in the early morning (ie before 10am or not at all that day).
stephenjubb

Post by stephenjubb »

these are similar, made of cordura, made in poland, sold in UK at 99 pounds,

http://www.cyclesense.co.uk/products.ph ... nnier_Bags

http://www.extrawheel.com/en/3/instructions_panniers/
vsmith1

Post by vsmith1 »

My Crosso panniers arrived today. They look great and feel very substantial. There is a roll-top as well as a lid attached with nylon webbing straps.And little pockets that can be strapped on as well. I got them in green which will nicely match the Kona (sad eh?).

All I am waiting for now is my Cyclesheme voucher for my Kona Sutra, then the roads are open.
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

.....................and they cost?