Chain Reaction Cycles

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
CyberKnight

Re: Chain Reaction Cycles

Post by CyberKnight »

I always use CRC for most of my orders after wiggle decided that priority delivery meant it sat unpicked for 4 days even though the item was in stock.

CRC is cheaper, faster and generally have what i want .

The deal clincher was x mas week when i ordered some brake pads and they came in 48 hours!!!
John Wayne: "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on... I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

I ordered an incorrect part. Sorting out a refund was straightforward, emailed a "returns form", had an email back confirming it had been received, when I finally (A few days later) checked the bank acount, it'd been refunded. No need for lengthy mobile phone conversations :!:
Big John

Post by Big John »

Another vote for CRC - I've used them several times, and they have always been both quick and correct in deliveries.
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

Ordered a new cycle computer on the 16th Feb. The item had been shown as in stock and continued to be shown as in stock until the 18th/19th. It was fairly obvious that it probably wasn't in stock, as by the 21st my order still hadn't been dispatched. And finally I received an email on the 21st mid-day to state that it wasn't in stock, probably couldn't be obtained and did I want to buy another computer (Rather than the one I'd been thinking about buying for several months!). My request for a refund received a email reply within ten minutes and presumably will be in my account within 3-4 days (If not I'll post!)

To be fair, I believe CRC were reasonably brisk in dealing with the order (3 working days passed before they contacted me). I'm merely unhappy at having to pay an additional 35% elsewhere, my existing computer having finally failed.

(And top marks for the forum - both the cheapest potential suppliers on google, are reported as being dud suppliers. Placed the order with SJS as a safe bet)
Last edited by gbnz on 22 Feb 2011, 1:43pm, edited 1 time in total.
georgew

Post by georgew »

My experience with the company has been generally very positive. However it took them seven days and a few phone calls before I received a missing part of my newly bought chain-set.
Malaconotus

Post by Malaconotus »

Another two orders placed yesterday at 1PM for some bits and then a bob I nearly forgot. All bits and bob present and correct when delivered at 10AM this morning. No delivery charge. Congrats to both CRC and Royal Mail.

Graham.
Jezrant

Post by Jezrant »

Only ordered from them twice, so maybe not representative, but second time (two weeks ago) order never arrived. Managed to reach them by phone after a couple of tries, and they sound like they have a well-rehearsed line about unreceived orders. Hmmm. Waiting now for the "replacement"....
Doubt I will use them again.
philg

Post by philg »

I've used them many many times over the years and for straightforward transactions they are pretty much unbeatable for price and delivery.
BUT- 2 gripes
Unlike Wiggle & Amazon there is no oops I didn't mean it button to cancel an order seconds after you hit send. This can involve a very long wait in a phone queue to sort it out.

And today I was looking for a new helmet (sorry)

Amongst the myriad of offerings are some very tempting prices, but after looking at about half a dozen items it was clear that only 1 or 2 of the many different size/colour combos were at this headline price. Most are at higher or much higher prices.

This is OK if they are in the bargain or clearance sections, but very annoying to find in the normal sections and it's not restricted to helmets, but just about every item with multiple choices.

I gave up and ordered from Ribble!
The weekend comes, my cycle hums
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

CRC HAVE SAVED MY WEEKEND :lol: Parts delivered within 39 hours of order being placed, despite standard FOC delivery being chosen

CRC may have badly &%$££* up my first order with them. The remaining 24 orders I've placed with them, have been dealt with in an examplery manner :D (Nb. I'm not linked to CRC - but how do they manage to do things so well :lol: )
mark a.

Post by mark a. »

Looks like anyone who has used CRC recently may have had their credit card details nicked:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/t ... ity-issues

So check your card statement regularly.
Reigncloud

Post by Reigncloud »

Ordered some new pads for my helmet and got this behemoth in the post:
image.jpg

Looks like they're putting their new packing machie to good use:

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/article/chain-reaction-cycles-behind-the-scenes-29496
Hemipode

Post by Hemipode »

mark a. wrote:Looks like anyone who has used CRC recently may have had their credit card details nicked:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/t ... ity-issues

So check your card statement regularly.

Looks like any further issue has been sorted out - http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... &start=220
The Mechanic

Post by The Mechanic »

I think their standards are slipping. Placed an order on Monday afternoon. Received an email Tuesday afternoon saying my order had been despatched. All good so far. It is now Friday morning and still no sign of my order. I don't know if they have changed their delivery methods or what but this is not the standard we usually expect from CRC.
Cancer changes your outlook on life. Change yours before it changes you.
The Mechanic

Post by The Mechanic »

Their standards are very much slipping. I think it is their postage agreement with Royal Snail. I placed another order on Monday this week at 0830, was emailed to say it had been sespatched at 0830 on Tuesday ( a bit slow for CRC in my previous experience) and it is now Friday morning and still no sign of my order. I am not impressed. The last one was sent by RM 1st Class and took 4 days. This one looks like taking 5. I remember the times when I could place an order with CRC before 1500 and get it the next day. Whatever happend to that service?
Cancer changes your outlook on life. Change yours before it changes you.
GrahamNR17

Post by GrahamNR17 »

Hardly cricket to blame CRC for Royal Mail's lousy service :roll:

My tyres took two days. Ordered Sunday evening, desptched Monday, arrived Tuesday. However, I'm very lucky to live in a town where the local delivery office still give a damn and will happily overload their bikes to make sure I get my stuff. My postie even apologised yesterday for putting a 7kg parcel of Sturmey hub gears with the van driver because it made his bike a bit unstable :lol:

Perhaps CRC need to look at alternatives, like couriers etc. But IME they're usually little better, and frequently worse.

CRC still gets my vote for service and extensive range. Not a patch on my LBS, but a useful alternative when needs must etc.