Toy Train Thread

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Si

Re: Toy Train Thread

Post by Si »

Bill Reynolds wrote:Hello, Just noticed this thread!! I 'do' 7/8" scale out in the garden and use batteries and live steam. This scale is such that one has to 'bash' or convert everything. Take a peep at my web site.....www.amalgamatedconserves.org.uk....great fun when its too wet to pedal!

Lovely!

I keep moving up scales and gauges and will probably end up in the garden one day - although I think that I've a lot more experience and skill to gain before I get to your level.
Si

Post by Si »

so tempted to build one of these:

could put the motor in the wagon and keep it permenently attached. Would have to be a fairly big scale if you wanted to animate the rider's legs :wink:
Si

Post by Si »

Time to drag this thread out of the attic as I went to a show on Saturday and spent the rest of the weekend modelling.......

This is my O9 (7mm:ft, 9mm track representing a gauge of around 15inches) layout. It's built from lots of old off cuts and left overs from other layouts. It's meant to represent an estate railway at the place that I grew up (South Staffs / Shrops border). Plan is a simple inglenook but may be extended later.

Well, spring seems to have come early to the Tithe Barn Sidings....green stuff is bursting into life everywhere! A small amount of live stock is on its way next, then the flower beds for the station platform to break up all of that grey to the right side.

I wanted to get four things into the look and feel of the layout when I started, each being remembered from the place I grew up: the deep rich red of the old sandstone farm buildings, the verdant greenery, the deep blue of the perpetual summer, and the feeling of a small but contented backwater. Hopefully I'm on the right track (if you'll excuse the pun)?

AlanD

Post by AlanD »

That's a brill bit of modelling Si.
Is anyone coming to our exhibition this Saturday?
http://www.newburymrc.co.uk/common/home.htm
Si

Post by Si »

Cheers Alan. I'd like to but I'm all spent out after last Saturday's show, plus it's a bit far for me.
Si

Post by Si »

Just to show that the generous free offer did finally turn into a working loco:

It's the middle one! Still needs lots of weathering and a safety valve but it has had its maiden voyage on my layout!

Once again, thanks ferrit worrier :D

ferrit worrier wrote:A free offer!

The below is offered free to the first one to post a "Yes please" on the thread, I've had this kit in the loft for years and I'm tryingto sort stuff out up there I started it but just don't have the time or need to finish it as you can see it's just gathering dust, there is a box of bits that go with it ... side rods, valvegear etc it'll take a bit of fettlin' to finish it, I dont even mind paying the postage as it will go to a good "shed"
NG1.JPG

NG2.JPG

Malc

edit sorry I should have said it's 009 scale