I'm back....

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
eileithyia

I'm back....

Post by eileithyia »

...hi everyone, hope everyone is ok, no major mishaps in the past 2 weeks and starting to get the miles as spring advances.

The downside of holidays; (part from coming home that is) a mountain of post behind the door (most of it binned), grass that is taking over the front garden (where the danelions have not taken over the grass) and 250 emails to clear (also mostly circulars or ebay notifications).
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
Edwards

Re: I'm back....

Post by Edwards »

I remembered reading that you were going to one of the Spanish islands. I can not remember which one.
I think most people realised it was not something bad as Fyllbiker had not announced it on here.

Was the holiday good and are there any good tales to tell, especially any with photos.
Keith Edwards
I do not care about spelling and grammar
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Hi Edwards, yes 16 days of getting the miles in Majorca, an average of 103km/day not bad taking in to account the 1st afternoon where we only did 12 miles and the day we faffed around (sorry had a rest day and got in some good bird-watching) and only did 20 miles. This also included my birthday treat of 100 miles and 5 cols, or in other words; Selva, Lluc, Soller, Bunyola and Orient!

2 dull days the 2nd of which we managed to avoid rain, there was a bit of drizzle and we got into Petra where they had clearly had a downpour and were drying off the chairs at the cafes in the square.

Managed to break the hire bike's rear gear cable on the last afternoon, so came back with only 2 gears, big and middle ring after we stopped down the chain on to a middle-ish sprocket, good job it was tailwind and flattish route back from Petra, but meant I could not try to get on to terms with a couple of of the German 'trains' that came past us as I was peddaling out.

Stopped at the Pollensa Park for a change, hotel on a par with others we have used, unfotunately the food was not. It was not bad but it was a bit bland and unimaginative most nights with no local speciality dishes. The morning croissants were a bit ropey as well and they did not always have everything we wanted ie All Bran, Natural Yoghurt and a decent range of fruits.
We understand that the group is some financial difficulties, but cutting back on food is short sighted as that is usually what people remember......
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
rower40

Post by rower40 »

I'm just going away.
But, technically, I'm back here because yacf is "encountering technical difficulties".
Hi everyone.
"Little Green Men Are Everywhere... ...But Mostly On Traffic Lights."