Mark Anthony Bikes

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
rogwaldron

Mark Anthony Bikes

Post by rogwaldron »

Just a note to confirm good service from http://www.activesport.co.uk (Mark Anthony Bikes Direct)

Order placed on Sunday, delivery on Tuesday, well done.
mnix26

Re: Mark Anthony Bikes Good Service

Post by mnix26 »

I also recieved equilly good service form them
delstron

Post by delstron »

68 ebayers in 6 months would disagree -

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=markanthonybikesdirect&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&which=negative&interval=180

Also, your endorsement would have more credibility if these were not your first posts.
manwell

Post by manwell »

i have seen bikes on their website recently which have been out of stock months ago and yet they are still advertised as being in stock and available for sale, and the website even lets you add to basket.
Tandem Man

Post by Tandem Man »

I've just been messed about for three weeks by these jokers before my goods arrived after umpteen phone calls.

Small problem when delivered,didn't really want to know.

Wouldn't use them again.

Ian
Ian From Wakefield
spanner48

Post by spanner48 »

After nearly 3 weeks undelivered, I phoned them; got some <one> who insisted that this 'had never, ever happened'', and that I absolutely would have had an email. If I hadn't, it must have been MY ISP at fault for losing it.

Totally refused to help. Insisted I send them another email, with my name and address.

One more week, then I'll get on to Derbyshire Trading Standards. These people shouldn't be in business.

PS. Beware of some of these ''Trusted Review'' sites. I looked on Trustpilot beforehand; they gave Mark Anthony/Activesport a good rating. But when - after this experience - I tried to leave the review above, it got deleted, because Mark Anthony Cycles ''disagreed'' with it! Some of these ''Trusted Review'' sites are little more than concealed advertising scams: filtering out the good reviews only (or even maybe fabricating them); eliminating anything negative.

You have been warned! Stick with the CTC Forum.
Tandem Man

Re: Mark Anthony Bikes

Post by Tandem Man »

Spanner,

Yes I think I came across Mark,

Wouldn't touch them again with the proverbial bargepole.

Ian
Ian From Wakefield
Si

Post by Si »

Couple of posts edited on this thread...please see viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14611
Tandem Man

Post by Tandem Man »

Si,

I respect your decision to moderate my post,but the fact is that I was told <incorrect information> time after time by the individual concerned.

I can't see what is libellous in stating a fact that is honest and true.

Yes I can't now prove it but neither can it be disproved.

Ian
Ian From Wakefield
Si

Post by Si »

Tandem Man wrote:Si,

I respect your decision to moderate my post,but the fact is that I was told <incorrect information> time after time by the individual concerned.

I can't see what is libellous in stating a fact that is honest and true.

Yes I can't now prove it but neither can it be disproved.

Ian

The onus is on you to prove it, I'm afraid, as it is you making the accusation. Likewise, even if they told you the wrong information the onus is also on you to prove that they were doing so deliberately (i.e. lying). As Anthony (Fonant) hosts this forum it's him that will get it in the neck should legal action be threatened, thus we err on the side of caution.
Bailosky

Post by Bailosky »

Just thought I'd revive this thread to see how others are finding Mark Anthony Direct aka Acivesport.co.uk now

I ordered a set of Hope hubs on the 17th June 2011. The money was taken from my account a few days later. It's now the 29th and I haven't received them. Consumer Direct say I can't do anything until I've given them 30 days to deliver.

I'd rather have paid a bit more and gone elsewhere
snitsaros

Post by snitsaros »

Really disappointed with these guys. Order two bikes on the same day, one from Activesport (aka Mark Anthony bikes) and another from Paulscycles. Great service from Pauls. Got a tracking number and 2 days later my bike arrived from Pauls. 7 days later with Activesport and I'm still waiting. I've called them and send 3 emails. I keep getting the same copy and paste reponse which i think is disgraceful:
Hello
> We thank you for your order,
> We will dispatch your order within 48 hours during weekdays (closed sat /
> sun / bank holidays)
> Goods can then take around 3 to 5 days UK to be with you, 7 - 21 days
> EUROPE, 14 - 42 days WORLDWIDE. We are experiencing delivery times of 4 – 8
> weeks to Australia and New Zealand.
> All spare part orders can take 7-10 days some need to be sourced from the
> supplier.
> Please help us email us with how you came across us
> ( we do not provide tracking numbers we have our own internal system to
> track parcels and can only do this if the parcel is late )

Considering there are so many great cycle sites with great prices and customer service out there choose another (Rutland, pauls, etc). I could have paid £40 more for the same bike from a site i trusted, i won't make that mistake again. Wish i'd read these review before too.
scopewulf

Post by scopewulf »

Snitsaros,
Just wondered if you had any joy with your order? I rather stupidly ordered a bike from Mark Anthony last week (Wensday)& then decided to read there reviews after! (duh)I rang them the next day and was told the bike was definitely in stock and should be with me within 7 days, I also received an email with a order progress link which stated 'dispatched' on Friday. Cant help panicking though having read loads of bad reviews, hopefully it will all go smoothly...
scopewulf

Post by scopewulf »

Well gave them another call to check progress today, spoke to a different person who told me that there was a 10 day build time on the bike so to expect it probably after Monday (25th)! No idea why it says it has been dispatched since Friday. The bike is sent from the distributer to the shop & normally just checked and sent out...It will be interesting to see if it does turn up wether it has been PDI'ed or not. Really hope I get it before the end of the month as I am planning on going touring soon :(
MarkF

Post by MarkF »

Well I'll stick up for this guy. I bought a bike from him, a Dawes Discovery 501. It arrived with a small fault, it's a long story but the in the ensuing "discussion" I didn't know at the time that I was partly to blame. He sorted the problem out promptly and to my satisfaction. Only later when I realised that I had been partly responsible (he would have known all along) did I understand that he'd been very helpful indeed. :D