Manx Cat does the End to End :)

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
Manx Cat

Manx Cat does the End to End :)

Post by Manx Cat »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWuM3sb5boc

Vid of my pictures of the trip. Had a fab time once I got past the busy bit down south.

Glad I ve done it tho.

Mary
PW

Re: Manx Cat does the End to End :)

Post by PW »

Good on you Mary. Glad you're still active. :D
If at first you don't succeed - cheat!!
diapason0

Post by diapason0 »

Fantastic video - well done!
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Hoooray well done, wished I'd known then work allowing would have come to meet you. :lol:
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
ferrit worrier

Post by ferrit worrier »

Congratulations Mary very well done, brilliant video. I bet your still grinning now :D

Malc
Percussive maintainance, if it don't fit, hit it with the hammer.
tomp734444

Post by tomp734444 »

Great stuff Mary.

I'm just packing my gear ready to Go to Scotland, tomorrow. I start my JOGLE on Monday.

Your brilliant video has made me realise what a wonderful adventure I've got coming.

Thank you and very well done.
It is better to travel than to arrive.
cidermartin

Post by cidermartin »

I am also beginning to pack panniers in preparation for next week. This video was just the thing. Just completely thing right thing for me right now. Thank you.
Manx Cat

Post by Manx Cat »

Tomp, the Scottish part in my opinion, will be the best bit! We thankfully avoided the A9 up the West coast, and thankfully so thankfully Saddle Skedaddle chose a nice little road up through Altnaharra to Tongue. A nice alone road... perfect .... Got super pictures taken, and in 2012 I shall repeat this part, but in the opposite direction.

Good luck.

You will LOVE Scotland.

Mary x
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Well done Mary!
Curly Hetchins looked good and so did your photographs.
Mick F. Cornwall
geocycle

Post by geocycle »

Well done, a beautiful video. Looks like you had great weather and did a much more picturesque route than some. But maybe that was selective editing!
burnsie

Post by burnsie »

Respect Mary....respect!! Out of interest...didn't you have a bike with a rohloff hub? What happened to that....you seemed really happy with it if I recall??

(Tell me to mind my own business if you want!!)

Dave
Manx Cat

Post by Manx Cat »

Dave, yes I do have the Amazon tourer still.

I have kept her just incase for some reason I shall go back to the hub gearing. But, I have 2 road bikes and in Spring next year I shall be selling the Amazon. Hettie does the touring dandy and can hold my panniers well, so no need for the heavier tourer any longer, just hanging on for now, but personally I feel I have 'outgrown' my touring bike now.

Glad you all liked the little vid of the trip, nothing photographed in the cities as I was concentrating too much in survival techniques and had no time to click my camera :)

It was a great ride up, but next time, I shall choose my own routes (keeping the route similar from Garstang upwards, for the southern aspects of the ride I would prefer to keep off A and B roads if possible, imo
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

So is it a new hetchins or a vintage one if it's a vintage lUcky ole you? They had some wonderful lug owrk.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
loafer

Post by loafer »

hi mary
wow great vidio looks like you had a great trip.well done .. :D
rapidfire72

Post by rapidfire72 »

Thanks Mary for the wonderful You Tube stuff. I would love to do the LEJOG, but money is really short and @ £2.565 + 630 it's only a dream for a poorly paid manual worker :( mind I would camp it no problem. But, plans are on for the Southern Upland Way (walking) up in bonnie Scottish borders next year. Ahh, but, there is a coast to coast mtb ride planned too :D

Thanks Mary :P