Found yellow mountain bike in Mytchett / Farnborough area

Waffles

Found yellow mountain bike in Mytchett / Farnborough area

Post by Waffles »

Hi there,

Just over the road from my house are some bushes (it's at the end of a cul-de-sac) and someone had dumped a bike in there.
I left it a day and a half or more before deciding to take charge of it and to try and find the owner.

My wife called the police about it and they weren't interested because it hadn't been there for 3 days, geeze, things don't hang around unlocked for 3 days, I was amazed nobody had made off with it within hours.

It's a fairly old yellow mountain bike, not worth much, the panniers on it look fairly new, but they are cheap and it has was looks like a fishing rod bag attached to it too. All bags are empty. So I'm thinking it's been stollen from a fisherman somewhere down the nearby canal, but have no idea how to trace the owner, it could of course be miles away.

Anyone missing an old yellow mountain bike in the Mytchett / Farnborough area?
Or anyone have any advice about tracing an owner?

Come the weekend I may give the bottom bracket area a clean, see if there is a post code or whatever stamped in there.
Waffles

Re: Found yellow mountain bike in Mytchett / Farnborough are

Post by Waffles »

Nearly forgot to update this... but I found a house number and post code stamped into the frame under the bottom bracket on Monday.
It was only two streets away, so I called around there and yes they had reported the bike stolen and another one too.
So I returned the bike, job done, shame the police weren't interested in checking if the bike that was reported to them was one they were supposed to be looking for.