Anything relating to the clubs associated with Cycling UK
MrLeadfoot

Cycle camping group

Post by MrLeadfoot »

Is there a group for cycle camper's ?
diapason0

Re: Cycle camping group

Post by diapason0 »

I've signed up with the one you mentioned - cyclecamp. It's a very new group and, as yet, has only a few members. I think it's well worth supporting - as it grows, it will become a very useful resource.
MrLeadfoot

Post by MrLeadfoot »

diapason0 wrote:I've signed up with the one you mentioned - cyclecamp. It's a very new group and, as yet, has only a few members. I think it's well worth supporting - as it grows, it will become a very useful resource.

Yes it seems to be going the right way, they tell me the forum is up and running, and they will have more camp-sites soon.
alicej

Post by alicej »

diapason0

Post by diapason0 »

That's the one. The more of us sign up, the better it will be.
MrLeadfoot

Post by MrLeadfoot »

alicej wrote:Is that this http://www.cyclecamp.co.uk/ ?

Yes
Kevin Mayne

Post by Kevin Mayne »

The Association of Lightweight Campers fulfilled this role for many years as a sort of umbrella. It is now a section of the Camping and Caravanning Club http://www.lightweightcampers.org.uk/

It shares a common history with CTC because the original proposer of a national Bicycle Touring Club wanted it to be a very much a camping club and disappointed with the number of members who insisted on using hotels he switched his focus to a camping club which he helped found.

CTC has identified within our member groups that we should have a structure for national special interest groups to form their own groups, potentially recieving some funding and national publicity. The most active start-up under this umbrella is the Inclusive Cycling Forum but if members would like to form a CTC camping club even as a virtual group we would be interested in hearing from you.

regards

Kevin Mayne
MrLeadfoot

Post by MrLeadfoot »

I am a member of the C&C club, but would like to have something cycle camping dedicated, may be a 'cycle camping' topic (heading) on this forum would be an idea.
Pedaldog

Post by Pedaldog »

I set up a small forum based mainly on Cycle Camping a few years ago when a forum I used was closed. It's not busy but I would be happy for people to take a look and help it find a good direction.

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Travelling_Light/index.php?

Anybody that registers might have a few hours wait before the confirmation comes through but don't worry, it's a good safe place.

Give it a try?
At the pace of sailing ships and bicycles.
Si

Post by Si »

Ah, so this is where the topic was hiding - we set up the camping section and then lost the topic that asked for it so couldn't add a comment- d'oh.

Anyway, in answer to the OP, there is now a cycle camping section on this forum: viewforum.php?f=42

It's not actually a CTC Member Group, but it's a start.
Penfold
Location: Black Country in the heart of England (Gods country)

Post by Penfold »

may be worth noting that the association of lightweight campers (ALC) old Yahoo group has now been re-named the Alternative lightweight campers .

This was as a direct result of the association of L/W campers trying to shut the Yahoo group down, as most of those making contributions were in fact cycle campers.

The association of L/W campers management team also thought it would attract more (and younger) members if they put their forum on the evil that is 'Facebook' :twisted:

Despite the matter being debated at the Ass L/W campers AGM, it was thought best to close the Yahoo group down.

Thankfully the guy who 'oversees' the Yahoo group thought otherwise and the group is still active under the new name.

The group is here : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/alc_campers/

Most of the original members remain and they are a good source of information and tips on cycle camping or lightweight camping in general
I keep my ideals, because in spite of everything,
I still believe that people are really good at heart.
- Anne Frank

There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to me than any other. That word is England.
- Winston Churchill