Bike storage solution

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
LBC

Bike storage solution

Post by LBC »

I need a cheap solution to store bikes in the garden. I have two sheds and they are full of other stuff (crap) so I need a box big enough to take a couple of bikes. It does not have to be secure just weatherproof.I'm imagining a 3' high x 3' wide and about 6' long receptical to wheel in/wheel out and that's it. Anyone got any bright ideas, thanks. Lawrence
skicat

Re: Bike storage solution

Post by skicat »

LBC wrote:I have two sheds

You are Arthur Jackson and I claim my £5 :D
The hurrier I go, the behinder I get
alicej

Post by alicej »

Some of these might be big enough, depending on what you mean by "cheap" http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st ... authToken=

Cheaper might be if you nailed a large bit of tarp to the top of the side of one of your sheds, and just leaned bikes against that shed wall and covered them with the tarp. Maybe hold the corners of the tarp down with a couple of tent pegs.
LBC

Post by LBC »

The homebase bin store looks about right, I'll go and have a look and thanks. As only you know, Arthur 'Two Sheds' Jackson had just one shed, if you were standing next to me I'd give you a fiver just for remermbering that one.
WaitForPete

Post by WaitForPete »

Throw out some "crap!"

B&Q among others do big plastic-coated hooks with which you can hang bikes against the wall, you only need 1 hook per bike.
tykeboy2003

Arthur 2-Sheds Jackson

Post by tykeboy2003 »

Was he any relation to the man with three buttocks? "...is that chair comfortable?"