Smart R2 Lunar rear light.

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Milfred Cubicle

Smart R2 Lunar rear light.

Post by Milfred Cubicle »

I've just taken prompt delivery from Planet-x bikes on my new rear light, at the discount price of £15 inc. p+p. Brilliant 48 hour service.
As for the light, I think the name lets it down. Judging by the spots floating in front of my eyes, the 'Lunar' title is misleading...the moon is nowhere near as bright as this thing!
I know Smart lights have suffered from poor waterproofing in the past, but if they've solved the problem, I can't see how you'd get a better light for the money.
NewHorizon

Re: Smart R2 Lunar rear light.

Post by NewHorizon »

Yes, the Smart stuff is indeed bright, nicely designed, compact and well priced, at least if you avoid the CTC shop/Wiggle - £22.43 with discount and free delivery, or £15 inc del from Planet X. I've used Smart/Polaris for a few years now, no issues with them.
94inchandy

Post by 94inchandy »

yes all my bikes have smart lights no them, 35 on the front, and superflash on the rear, just got a r2 woow it bright
94inchandy http://twitter.co/94inchandy
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

I have changed to these Smart Lunar 2s for all my night riding. Spare brackets are available and I have three on each bike - on the basis that you need two, and another in case one goes "Phut" miles from anywhere on a wet night.

The triple 'A' rechargeables seem to last very well.

The only minus - and time will tell - is the on/off switch. I find them fiddly and not too reliable, and I wonder how they will stand up to frequent use.

Half way through the winter, all does seem well however.

Has anyone any feedback?

My view of them is that they're smaller, brighter and lighter than any Cat-Eyes of comparable power, and not as directional. I prefer them.