Calling London Cyclists - ROYAL PARKS AT NIGHT/WHEN CLOSED.

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
CTC London

Calling London Cyclists - ROYAL PARKS AT NIGHT/WHEN CLOSED.

Post by CTC London »

ROYAL PARKS AT NIGHT/WHEN CLOSED.

http://www.royalparks.gov.uk/

Met Police that covers the Royal Parks has asked me to pass on the following pointers.

Take care in the parks after dark; there has been spate of robberies

In addition, I know it sounds daft, if the Royal Park is closed do not climb over the gate to gain entry.

This has occurred in the recent past when a lone female was asked what she was doing in the park when closed , she said this nice man (who she did not know) help me to lift her bike over the gate to gain entry.
Philip Benstead
Secretary
CTC London – Working to promote the use of the cycle as a means of utility, transport or leisure for ALL.
Email to ctclondon@yahoogroups.co.uk
CTC London Twitter: @CTCLondon)
Malpas

Re: Calling London Cyclists - ROYAL PARKS AT NIGHT/WHEN CLOS

Post by Malpas »

In Richmond and Bushy Park most (not all) pedestrian gates are normally left open.This is not the case when the deer culls are on but those are finished for this year.
Over the gates with a bike that would take some doing! Possible I grant you but not easy.Lots of people live in these Parks so it's usually not that long before someone comes along with car and has a key to open the road gates.
northstar

Re: Calling London Cyclists - ROYAL PARKS AT NIGHT/WHEN CLOS

Post by northstar »

Maybe if they had more of a presence at night (talking about richmond and bushy since I believe they are the only two which don't close, there wouldn't any robberies.

I've only once seen a police vehicle in richmond park at night and they were more interested than deer than anything.