Travelodge...

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
eileithyia

Travelodge...

Post by eileithyia »

...if you can get on the site to book (very busy cos phil has been trying for a couple of hours), Travelodge £10 sale started today.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
johnsie

Re: Travelodge...

Post by johnsie »

Hoping to book a York 'lodge tonight - the one near the university.

Anyone know if I can keep the bike secure there overnight?

Cheers
Screech like a Sirrus!
Big T

Post by Big T »

Every time I've stayed at a Travelodge, they've let me keep the bike in the room overnight, though they were a bit sniffy at the newly-opened Crewe Travelodge, they still let me.
My JOGLE blog:
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
twitter: @bikingtrev
robgul

Post by robgul »

Big T wrote:Every time I've stayed at a Travelodge, they've let me keep the bike in the room overnight, though they were a bit sniffy at the newly-opened Crewe Travelodge, they still let me.

.... bike - Travelodge - don't ask - check in and take bike to the room - just do it.

Never had a problem with probably 20 or 30 bookings - at the sprawling place on the M4 at Heston I actually rode the fixie along the corridor, it was so far to my room :D

Ron
E2E http://www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk
HoECC http://www.heartofenglandcyclingclub.org.uk
Cytech accredited mechanic . . . and woodworker
patpalloon

Post by patpalloon »

I've never had a problem in taking my bike in to a Travelodge room. They'll try and give you a ground floor room if you ask for it.
I feel sure that the genius that did this, didn't even feel a thud as he drove by.
chrisc

Post by chrisc »

Yup, I agree; never had a problem sleeping with my bike in a Travelodge ! In fact, only ever had one refusal in Premier Inn (Bilsborrow). Days Inn also cooperative. Suggest advise them early on the day to reserve a ground floor room for you. Only at Bridgwater Travelodge has this back-fired .. because Reception is upstairs on the 1st floor !

Edit to add : it's a bit late now, but for future reference, Travelodge Sale bookings can be completed well before the official 0600hrs start but they don't tell you that of course. I was up at 0445hrs and bagged a few £10 overnights with no system delays whatsoever. After 0600hrs you might as well go back to bed ...
Tourer : 2010 Giant CRS City 4.0
Other : 1963 Denton retro (now back in the loft!)
tuftyrowlands

Post by tuftyrowlands »

Agreed - bikes in the room. We stayed in the one at Carlisle last summer whilst doing LEJOG and we kept the bikes in our room. The manager even apologised because he had to put us on the second floor and the lift wasn't working so we had to carry them up the stairs!!

www.landsendtojohnogroats.weebly.com
brother nathaneil

Post by brother nathaneil »

During my JOGLE last June/July we stayed in 4 Travelodges on route (Inverness, Dumbarton, Hereford and Oakhampton) and we asked on arrival about bikes in the rooms. On all four occasions there wasn't an issue and a one even offered the boiler room to hang our soaking wet clothing to dry as it has pelted down for the whole day.
They were very understanding and I got the impression that it happens all the time.
Good luck.
Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome ~ Arthur Ashe

http://www.5blokes-end2end.weebly.com
Jack Strop

Post by Jack Strop »

Yep, I used Travelodge for 7 nights for last year's JOGLE and they couldn't be faulted. As others have said, they invariably bend over backwards if you arrive with a bike. Nice to have the peace of mind of your bike at the end of your bed and handy for minor servicing/lubing etc.
chrisc

Post by chrisc »

I thought I would resurrect this thread as Travelodge has announced another 'Sale'. This starts on Thursday, 12 April 2012, at 0600hrs. That is to say this week. It is for rooms to be booked for the period 01 September - 30 December 2012.

If you fancy bagging a few such rooms, I suggest you set your alarm clock for well before 0600hrs to get them before the official start, as everyone else logs on dutifully at 0600 onwards and system overload traditionally rapidly follows !

Prices start at £12 per night per room. Difficult to go wrong at that price. Moreover, I have never been refused permission to keep my bike in the room with me.
chrisc

Post by chrisc »

Another Travelodge sale is NOW on : http://www.travelodge.co.uk . I just received late notification at 0800hrs 22 Aug 2012.

Apparently it only applies to bookings for the period 01 Jan to 28 March 2013. Rooms from £12. Early Spring LEJOG perhaps ? Last March was brilliant ! A lot warmer than camping anyway ...
bikepacker

Post by bikepacker »

Just booked 4 nights in London and 3 nights in Wales for tours early next year.
There is your way. There is my way. But there is no "the way".