Wiggle let down.

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Redvee

Wiggle let down.

Post by Redvee »

Has anybody else had issues with order and despatch emails from Wiggle recently? I normally get an email confirming the order then an email receipt from Paypal then finally a despatch email when sent out. The despatch email has not been sent nor has the same message been attached to the order on my account. Ironically this order has gone missing yet Wiggle say it has been despatched
PeterJ

Re: Wiggle let down.

Post by PeterJ »

I've noticed this recently. I ordered some brake pads, which arrived quickly, but I didn't receive a despatch email, or was the despatch message shown on the website. I did receive an email confirming the order had been placed, though.
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

That makes me feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one having this problem.
Tasker

Post by Tasker »

I've also had problems with Wiggle and won't use them again. Ordered a jacket only to be told it wasn't in stock after waiting about three weeks and contacting them. They then kept me waiting with no on-going feedback as to the progress of my order, until offering to refund my money when I contacted them again - which to be fair they did, promptly.

I understand Wiggle's been taken over, so is not the excellent firm it once was except in name. Very sad.
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

Today is day 10 when Wiggle will consider the item lost in post, needless to say I will be submitting a claim come 13:00 when the posties have been.
BSRU

Post by BSRU »

Quite a few threads on cycling forums about Wiggle going down hill fast.
jezer

Post by jezer »

I don't use Wiggle any more, since they mucked up the CTC discount. Try Chain Reaction Cycles, they are much better.
Power to the pedals
pioneer

Post by pioneer »

I've been using On-One lately. Cheaper than both Wiggle and CRC and just as quick.
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

It now looks like my last order has been placed with Wiggle unless the price is significantly cheaper with CTC discount etc. I opened a dispute with Paypal and within 10 minutes an email from Wiggle asking if I wanted the goods(!) or a refund. Took the offer of a refund and worded the reply thus: "Send me a refund, that way I can order elsewhere and be assured I will receive the goods."
BryterLayter

Post by BryterLayter »

Wiggle have deteriorated in standard of service recently, although I have never rated the courier company that they use. Chain Reaction are in my opinion a better option, plus they use the Royal Mail which is a bonus as my local delivery man knows to who to leave my parcels with if I am out.
And now we rise
And we are everywhere
MattyDeez

Post by MattyDeez »

Never had a problem with wiggle as of yet.

<inappropriate phase removed>
Shamrock Sean

Post by Shamrock Sean »

Could it be that it is just CTC members that are having problems I wonder i.e those who get a discount........
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Shamrock Sean wrote:Could it be that it is just CTC members that are having problems I wonder i.e those who get a discount........

Wonder if CTC could get Roseversand to be CTC shop with discount... German company , German staff - don't take a genius to realise they'll be more efficient than a UK company...
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
bigjim

Post by bigjim »

I bought some Bluemel guards off them. They came without the mudflaps pictured and were a crap design. Nightmare to fit and had to use a hacksaw on the stays. Complained to Wiggle but they were not interested, after a further complaint they gave me a £5 voucher which I tend to get now and then anyway. They then asked for product feedback. I spent time giving an honest appraisal. They then mailed me saying that it contradicted their guidelines [It didn't] and would not be posted. Apparently only positive reviews accepted.
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

I'm awaiting the email asking for feedback on the item I ordered but didn't receive, should be with me in 2 weeks. There is a section at the bottom where you can rate Wiggle.