School run or work commute - how far?

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
M.G

Post by M.G »

I go through Dronfield, although I was late for work on wednesday so went via bypass but that was at 6.30am and nothing was really about. it was much faster, prob averaged 3-4mph higher than usual.
In the past i have tried more interesting routes, but usually add at least 30min and 5miles to the journey, and leave me knackered.
Kim Mitchell

Post by Kim Mitchell »

Are there any hints and tips and dodges that you experienced daily commute experts can give the rest of us concerning:

What to wear
    How to keep clean
    How to get clean
    How to get a week's worth of clothes, shoes and socks to and from work each week (or every day?)
    What to do if one's company doesn't have a works shower or changing room or bath
    Etc, etc, etc.

Advice eagerly anticipated.

Looks like it's going to be a lovely weekend down here.

Regards,

Kim
peter236uk

Commute

Post by peter236uk »

I drive in one or two days a week although thinking about giving that up depends on amount of gear you have but I take dirty socks and pants home daily and bring clean in keep a couple of pairs ay work.
Also someone gave me good tip that is to roll shirts and stuff does not crease as much and prefer stuff in pannier that rucksack.
Washing lucky have showers if not then I have strip wash then some anti persperant job done.
PW

Post by PW »

MG, the bypass is ok IF you get on/off at the Sheepbridge intersection. Don't try to ride across the angled sliproads unless it's VERY early in the morning.
(I live 2 minutes bike ride from JEJames roundabout).
If at first you don't succeed - cheat!!