SHORT full-length Lycra bottoms

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
alimck

SHORT full-length Lycra bottoms

Post by alimck »

I'm a lady with inside leg 24" and can't find any full-length bottoms as short as this. Because of stretch fabric/zips etc they are tricky to take up. Any ideas?
barbelfisher

Re: SHORT full-length Lycra bottoms

Post by barbelfisher »

Hi, I am a fella..... but just wondered if the 3/4 length might help you... Just and idea?

Regards barbelfisher
Steve Kish

Post by Steve Kish »

The names 'Corrine Dennis and 'Minx' seem to ring bells in relation to female-specific bike clothing. :mrgreen:
Old enough to know better but too young to care.
CREPELLO

Post by CREPELLO »

There should be child specific cycle clothing available which may fit. Of course, it doesn't have to be cycle specific, as you don't need the pad if you are using padded cycle shorts. Sorry I don't know any brands.
Yael

Post by Yael »

CREPELLO wrote:There should be child specific cycle clothing available which may fit. Of course, it doesn't have to be cycle specific, as you don't need the pad if you are using padded cycle shorts. Sorry I don't know any brands.

I think you might find that while in length children's clothes might fit, they may not work width-wise, especially for women.

alimck, would this be of any help?
niggle

Post by niggle »

I am a man with a 27" inside leg, and I have never found cycling specific clothing to fit my leg dimensions. If I go in to M&S or even Tesco I can have quite a few choices of short leg trousers to fit, but not on Wiggle, and as you say its not that easy to shorten them due to shaping, stirrups, zips etc. Mostly I go for the Nora Batty look :oops:
SJSBrompton

Post by SJSBrompton »

3/4 Lengths might work quite well, even if they come up slightly short. I have a 27" inside leg (5ft 2 lady) and my 3/4 from Tenn Outdoors, via Amazon, come to mid calf on me. They are only £17.99, very comfy, and quite generous size wise. I have exactly the same problem, which is why I don't have any padded 'longs'.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ladies-Padded-C ... roduct_top
niggle

Post by niggle »

Full and 3/4 length ladies running leggings coming up in Aldi on Thursday, £7.99:

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/sp ... 4-02-18-31
alimck

Post by alimck »

Thanks all! And a friend who's at least as small as me has found that Ron Hill children's running bottoms age 11-12 fit her fine (from our local Go Outdoors) Not padded but I have padded undershorts. She's about a size 12 and so am I so I may try those too.
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

www.tudorsports.co.uk

Tudorsports will make their longs and plusses to lengths to fit you.

I am short and rather - well - ample around the waist. They have made plusses in special sizes for me a couple of times. They add about £5 to the cost, but it works.

You don't say what your waiste measurement is, and it's length that I've had done specially, but they're worth an enquiry,

you can also phone them - 07710 095 297.
g00se

Post by g00se »

How about getting a pair of cycling leg-warmers and wearing them with your existing shorts? You could pull them up a bit higher than under the short's leg grippers
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

g00se wrote:How about getting a pair of cycling leg-warmers and wearing them with your existing shorts? You could pull them up a bit higher than under the short's leg grippers

That's what I do when the weather gives us cold mornings/evenings but warm days. On a full day ride, when it starts cold, it's leg warmers on, and as the day warms up I take them off, to put them back on when the temperature drops. They roll up quite small and easily fit in saddlebag/rackpak. It's a bit of a faff, because you have to take shoes and socks off and the leg warmers come well up above my shorts leg-bottoms, but it's a good solution to a problem.

All of my leg warmers have silicon grip tops which work when they're newly washed, but body oils and whatever it is that comes off the skin soon affects the effectiveness of the grip. I just wash them every time I've worn them.
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Steve Kish wrote:The names 'Corrine Dennis and 'Minx' seem to ring bells in relation to female-specific bike clothing. :mrgreen:

Her (Corinne Dennis) men's stuff is very good as well - I have a few pairs of her "Men's cycling shorts". Comfortable, they dry quickly and they are proving to be long lasting.