Hoy! What a finish!

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
eileithyia

Re: Hoy! What a finish!

Postby eileithyia » 10 Apr 2012, 7:16pm

Just put the word spoiler in the title to the thread, refer to the event but not who may have won in the title then no one need to look at the thread.

The only reason I went on thread today was because I have now completed watching weekend recordings, but just opening 'on the road' and seeing the title thread gave a hint of the contents...

If you refer to another event ie P-R and master Tom then start a new thread with spoiler; Paris Roubiax in the title.... simples.

Please. Not everyone is as savvy as keeping away from the t'internet to avoid race results as I have had to become in recent years. :D
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells

reohn2

Postby reohn2 » 10 Apr 2012, 8:07pm

Tacascarow wrote:I think Laura Trott's achievement was greater.
For such a young rider of diminutive stature she dealt with her opponents ruthlessly in the omnium.
Sitting at the back during the scratch race & boxing them at the critical moment was a treat to watch, & leading from the front from the beggining.
Magic.

I completely agree!
-----------------------------------------------------------
I cycle therefore I am.

Steve Kish

Postby Steve Kish » 10 Apr 2012, 8:58pm

+1 for Laura. Her 'Devil' technique reminds me so much of what Peter Post used to do with the field during the Skol Sixes many moons ago. A great lass. :mrgreen:
Old enough to know better but too young to care.