Tarp Recommendations

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
groberts

Tarp Recommendations

Post by groberts »

I have a Vango Banshee 300, a great little tent + well priced (got mine for £49 in a winter sale x3 years ago) + just right for my cycle touring. Notwithstanding, when the wife joins me it would be good to have a little extra dry space outside and I'm thinking a tarp would do the job. Can anyone recommend a lightweight tarp that would be suitable + supplier?
welshwoodsman

Re: Tarp Recommendations

Post by welshwoodsman »

have a look on backpackinglight.co.uk or alpkit.com .
T other Dave

Post by T other Dave »

How about a 2 x 3 meter tarp from B & Q £5, bargain, has eyelets then get some guy ropes from outdoor shop £2 and if needed old tent pol. Cheap, easy and loads of uses.
andrew_s

Post by andrew_s »

Backpackinglight DD 3mx3m tarp
Several alternatives on the same site.

It depends where your preferred weight/size/cost compromise comes.
bluemint

Post by bluemint »

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/tarp-khaki-s ... 63223.html

I have this on tour. It comes with poles so you don't always need to find any trees. I also have the DD 3x4.5m tarp but I haven't used that yet apart from in the garden (it's more for groups).
bealer

Post by bealer »

If you want super-lightweight the Terra Nova tarp shelter is great. It weighs around 200g with 4 light pegs. It does cost £70 though, but you're paying for how light it is.

http://www.uttingsoutdoors.co.uk/Produc ... er-1-43ts/

I use it either to extend my tent, or as a quick shelter to sit under when cooking or taking a break in the rain. It's worth getting a couple of small poles to go with it. And some para cord for a fiver to make guy lines and hook it up.

Uttings have other Terra Nova options as low as £25, and different shapes and sizes.