Parking for Portsmouth Ferry

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
rwrobson

Parking for Portsmouth Ferry

Post by rwrobson »

Parking at the ferry terminal is £10 a day ..anyone know anywhere in Portsmouth or nearby where there is safe on street parking?
al_yrpal

Re: Parking for Portsmouth Ferry

Post by al_yrpal »

Have used the multi story. Parkinmydrive might be a better option.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
rwrobson

Post by rwrobson »

have checked out google maps and street view ..Eastern Parade / St Helen's Parade looks a nice residential area, so may just dump car there ....
chesterpete

Post by chesterpete »

Try this chap: http://www.parkatmyhouse.com/uk/drivewa ... erry-port/

I've just come back from France. Left my car there for 2 weeks - very safe and secure and well looked after. On leaving I left my gloves and helmet on his drive and he posted them back to me without charging me a penny. Highly recommended.

oh, nearly forgot - 5 minutes from the ferry port.
Ank@eel

Post by Ank@eel »

I second Chesterpete's recommendation. I too parked with Imran Khan (no, not that one) in Queens Road Portsmouth through parkatmyplace, cheap, convenient and secure, high recommended, I will park there again. Martin
greyhead

Post by greyhead »

Last year I used the Crasswell Street Multi-storey NCP car park which do a one week pass for £30.00. Pricey at £12.50 for 24 hours but good if you need the week. Not sure if you can get two or more weeks. A bit concerned that it was closed from midnight until 7.00 a.m. in case there was any major delay in my St Malo ferry but in the event no problem.
CJ

Post by CJ »

Also see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=56622
Chris Juden
One lady owner, never raced or jumped.
gnvqsos

Post by gnvqsos »

I would suggest parking in Stamshaw-use the side roads between Twyford Avenue and the harbour eg Knox Meyrick etc.If you lock all smalls in the boot it will be fine there.I was brought up there-close knit working -class area with no time for toe-rags.
chesterpete

Post by chesterpete »

gnvqsos wrote:I would suggest parking in Stamshaw-use the side roads between Twyford Avenue and the harbour eg Knox Meyrick etc.If you lock all smalls in the boot it will be fine there.I was brought up there-close knit working -class area with no time for toe-rags.

Are they OK with vehicles being abandoned for weeks at a time though?
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Many years since we lived in Pompey - we rented a bed-sit in Southsea. Doubt it's changed much.

Miles and miles of roads in Southsea bed-sit land. Cars were just parked on the roads - first come first served.
We lived at St Ronan's Rd.
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Portsmo ... 2,225,,0,0
Mick F. Cornwall
rwrobson

Post by rwrobson »

as an update to this I parked here on Garfield Road , less than 100 yds to the ferry port:

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=garfie ... a=N&tab=wl

its at the back of the Travelodge we booked for 1 night

no problem ..parked up on the Monday , returned on the Sunday
roberts8

Post by roberts8 »

I park in a side street in Gosport and use the ferry to get to the docks.
It takes about 15 minutes to get to Brittany Ferries once in Portsmouth but it is a cycle track so not bad.

Hope this helps