Software Update > Missing Avatars > Is it just me?

Anything about use of this forum : NOT about cycling
thirdcrank

Re: Software Update > Missing Avatars > Is it just me?

Post by thirdcrank »

Don't worry too much about the avatars - most of us are more concerned about socks and a host of "thigs." :D
Benethi

Post by Benethi »

My avatar's gone back to an old avatar...I think I used this one briefly when I first joined the forum, and have changed it twice since then...
"Frankly, I’m suspicious of anyone who has a strong opinion on a complicated issue" - Scott Adams
Photos:
Scott's Travels 2010
Sparky's Travels 2012
Sparky's Travels 2013
:)
Alex L

Post by Alex L »

Benethi wrote:My avatar's gone back to an old avatar...I think I used this one briefly when I first joined the forum, and have changed it twice since then...

I've certainly never seen it before. I always remember you as man on a bike. ;)
Benethi

Post by Benethi »

Alex L wrote:
Benethi wrote:My avatar's gone back to an old avatar...I think I used this one briefly when I first joined the forum, and have changed it twice since then...

I've certainly never seen it before. I always remember you as man on a bike. ;)

Now that's particularly worrying, I'm getting remembered :shock:

Don't want anyone knowing who I am...
"Frankly, I’m suspicious of anyone who has a strong opinion on a complicated issue" - Scott Adams
Photos:
Scott's Travels 2010
Sparky's Travels 2012
Sparky's Travels 2013
Alex L

Post by Alex L »

Not just that, I know that you work in Bath sometimes (used to live in Bristol) ;)

It is easier for me to remember pictures than names :oops:
Benethi

Post by Benethi »

Alex L wrote:Not just that, I know that you work in Bath sometimes (used to live in Bristol) ;)

:shock:
I used to live and work in Bath, but moved up to Sheffield last year...

Actually, I had already noted that you're a Uni student from Bristol, and the only other person on this forum who's not an old codger (this in smallprint so's only me and you can read it)
:wink: :D
Photos:
Scott's Travels 2010
Sparky's Travels 2012
Sparky's Travels 2013
Alex L

Post by Alex L »

Benethi wrote:
Alex L wrote:Not just that, I know that you work in Bath sometimes (used to live in Bristol) ;)

:shock:
I used to live and work in Bath, but moved up to Sheffield last year...

Actually, I had already noted that you're a Uni student from Bristol, and the only other person on this forum who's not an old codger (this in smallprint so's only me and you can read it)
:wink: :D

Haha, I still have to wear specs to see the screen. Don't feel to young. Got my quarter life crisis coming up next month :lol:
gaz

Post by gaz »

Benethi wrote:and the only other person on this forum who's not an old codger (this in smallprint so's only me and you can read it)

Don't count on that. 400% magnification should just about do for this, you can do smaller but it gets silly.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Benethi

Post by Benethi »

Alex L wrote:Haha, I still have to wear specs to see the screen.

My plan might of course be flawed by the fact that it is the older members who haven't destroyed their eyesight by staring at computer screens for the first 20 years of their life...
gaz wrote:
Benethi wrote:and the only other person on this forum who's not an old codger (this in smallprint so's only me and you can read it)

Don't count on that.

I actually guessed your exact words before clicking the quote button so I could actually read it...
Photos:
Scott's Travels 2010
Sparky's Travels 2012
Sparky's Travels 2013
Alex L

Post by Alex L »

Benethi wrote:My plan might of course be flawed by the fact that it is the older members who haven't destroyed their eyesight by staring at computer screens for the first 20 years of their life...

I've needed glasses all my life. Before I'd used a computer. I didn't however get them until after first school. It certainly made life a challenge. My grades somewhat quadrupled in one year.
Benethi

Post by Benethi »

Alex L wrote:
Benethi wrote:My plan might of course be flawed by the fact that it is the older members who haven't destroyed their eyesight by staring at computer screens for the first 20 years of their life...

I've needed glasses all my life. Before I'd used a computer. I didn't however get them until after first school. It certainly made life a challenge. My grades somewhat quadrupled in one year.

Ah just me that did that then :oops:
Actually I have one eye that's still pretty good, and one eye that's fairly useless. I'm not sure how long it's been like this for - the first time I noticed was when I was about 18, sat bored in a physics lesson timing how long it took each eye to change focus between the tip of my pencil and a poster on the opposite side of the room. I sat there waiting for the other side of the room to focus...and it didn't. I was quite upset about this.

I have glasses now, though they're sat in a draw somewhere and used about once a year, largely for the novelty value.
Photos:
Scott's Travels 2010
Sparky's Travels 2012
Sparky's Travels 2013
Alex L

Post by Alex L »

Benethi wrote:
Alex L wrote:

Ah just me that did that then :oops:
Actually I have one eye that's still pretty good, and one eye that's fairly useless. I'm not sure how long it's been like this for - the first time I noticed was when I was about 18, sat bored in a physics lesson timing how long it took each eye to change focus between the tip of my pencil and a poster on the opposite side of the room. I sat there waiting for the other side of the room to focus...and it didn't. I was quite upset about this.

I have glasses now, though they're sat in a draw somewhere and used about once a year, largely for the novelty value.

Bored in physics, what is this madness? My mum used to tell me off because I copied spellings down from the board wrong all the time. It was almost 3 years after that I finally went to the opticians. I remember using glasses for the first time and was genuinely shocked at how clear everything was. I could see a sign down the street and it was like it was right next to me.

I also used to sit right in front of the TV as I couldn't see it properly from the sofa. My parents just thought I was complaining that it was too small :lol:
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

admin wrote:Apologies, it appears that some avatar images were accidentally deleted in the recent Forum update work... I'll see if I can find backup copies, otherwise please feel free to re-upload your avatar, which will then appear on all your posts.

Which is all good and well, but my profile no longer allows me to upload an avatar. All I get is the chance to delete a non-existent one or choose another from the built-in galleries. There is something rotten in this Ham of Denmark.

I want me Gorilla beringei beringei back!
Have we got time for another cuppa?
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Urgent note to TdeF riders: don't assume it's a nutter in a gorilla suit jumping about at the roadside: it may be the real thing.
Si

Post by Si »

Audax67 wrote:
admin wrote:Apologies, it appears that some avatar images were accidentally deleted in the recent Forum update work... I'll see if I can find backup copies, otherwise please feel free to re-upload your avatar, which will then appear on all your posts.

Which is all good and well, but my profile no longer allows me to upload an avatar. All I get is the chance to delete a non-existent one or choose another from the built-in galleries. There is something rotten in this Ham of Denmark.

I want me Gorilla beringei beringei back!

when I was trying to get mine back on I found that I had to delete the current (missing) one and then upload the new one. Dunno if this will help you as it was with a previous version of the software.