New cycling/cycle touring eMagazine

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
adamant

New cycling/cycle touring eMagazine

Post by adamant »

Thought that you might be interested in The Bicycle Reader (thebicyclereader.com), an eBook magazine of quality writing about cycling – mainly cycle touring – edited by Jack Thurston, of The Bike Show (thebikeshow.net) and Tim Dawson of cycling-books.com. The first edition includes new pieces by the editors, Martin Ryle’s Vélorutionary, Mark Twain’s attempts to tame his bicycle, Paul Lamarra’s Odyssey in southern Scotland and a classic piece by Albert Winstanley. We would love to know what you think.
Vantage

Re: New cycling/cycle touring eMagazine

Post by Vantage »

I haven't bought it myself yet, but here's a link to it if I have the right one...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Bicycle-Rea ... 349&sr=8-1
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
It's a rich man whos children run to him when his pockets are empty.
pedalsheep

Post by pedalsheep »

I bought this and have been enjoying reading it. Its probably best if you own a Kindle - I don't so I downloaded it onto my computer but reading off the screen is just not the same as curling up in a comfy chair with a book.
'Why cycling for joy is not the most popular pastime on earth is still a mystery to me.'
Frank J Urry, Salute to Cycling, 1956.
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

looks good, how often is this being published?

are you looking for contributions and how much do you pay?

and the link given in the OP doesn't work.
--
Burls Ti Tourer for tarmac
Saracen aluminium full suss for trails.
Pugwash

Post by Pugwash »

it is £1.53 on the Kindle - very good value.
adamant

Post by adamant »

The initial intention is to publish three or four 'Readers' a year, plus some other related titles that hopefully will be of interest to the same readership.

If you are interested in contributing, do get in touch via the website - www.bicyclereader.com.
Si

Post by Si »

And if you are interested for paying the CTC for the advertising that you are having on its forum then please get in touch :wink:

Seriously though...this is probably breaking the forum rules - other publications pay the CTC to advertise via their media, so while we want to see a new title succeed, it might annoy other advertisers if they see you getting free publicity, or it might encourage others to try to advertise their publications on here too and start a minor spammening. So please keep it to a minimum and low key and we'll try to turn a blind eye for a bit....but just this once so if anyone else is reading this and thinking that they'll also try to push their product/publication here then please think again.
jackt

Post by jackt »

Si, as a CTC member since... well at least the early 1990s, and co-editor of the Bicycle Reader, I'm grateful for the leeway on the forum. One of the intentions of the Reader is to be a place where the kind of quality writing that used to feature in the old CTC Gazette can find a modern home. I'm sure that's of interest to fellow members, if nothing else.

Jack
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

adamant wrote:The initial intention is to publish three or four 'Readers' a year, plus some other related titles that hopefully will be of interest to the same readership.

If you are interested in contributing, do get in touch via the website - http://www.bicyclereader.com.

Sent an email around 25th June re: contributions, not had a reply of any kind yet.
--
Burls Ti Tourer for tarmac
Saracen aluminium full suss for trails.