dbm1 wheels

Trips, adventures, bikes, equipment, etc.
Drake

dbm1 wheels

Post by Drake »

I hope that i've posted this on the correct forum as it's to do with MTB wheels . I've been offered a pair of the above wheels,but i don't seem to be able to find very much info on them . They are new and unused,(a discontinued project by a neighbours son)and as the neighbours are moving. they have offered them to me . They are 26" black rimmed with a free hub fitted . Also they seem to dual brake,i.e,either disc or rim .
I would equip the rear wheel with a 7sp cassette,but as i understand it,the splines can very from manufacturer to manufacturer . Any info on these wheels and a suitable cassette would be appreciated .
bensonboo

Re: dbm1 wheels

Post by bensonboo »

Are you certain they are DBM1 wheels? I only ask as there are wheels labelled as DDM1 which used to come on virtually all the Carrera mtb range in Halfords and may well still do so. If they are then a normal Shimano or Sram cassette will go straight on. You can see them on these pictures I Googled.

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s355 ... C00040.jpg

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww22 ... C00190.jpg

Or Google Carrera DDM1 on images like I did.
The ones above are disc only but they did rim brake versions too, it's just to illustrate the branding.
If they are DBM1 then sorry, I can't help.
Cheers.
Drake

Post by Drake »

Hi bensonboo,

Re-checked wheels and the sticker on the rim definitely says dbm1 and it's written in lower case script . Manythanks for your reply .
hamster

Post by hamster »

I would be very surprised if they didn't have Shimano-compatible splines. I don't know of any other systems existing now, certainly not since the advent of disc brakes.
Campag OR and Suntour exited in the early 1990s.
Drake

Post by Drake »

hamster wrote:I would be very surprised if they didn't have Shimano-compatible splines. I don't know of any other systems existing now, certainly not since the advent of disc brakes.
Campag OR and Suntour exited in the early 1990s.

That's good to know .
I did Google "Carrera dbm1 wheel". . it does appear that they were fitted to a "Carrera Vulcan" . I think they were fitted with "Freeway hubs". . but i don't seem to be able to find any seperate info on either "dbm1wheels" or "Freeway hubs" .