which seat dropper

Trips, adventures, bikes, equipment, etc.
3spd

which seat dropper

Post by 3spd »

I'm thinking of getting a seat dropper, does seam kinda silly but... , needs to be 27.2.
Any recommendations?
My worse day on my bike is better than my best day at work!
Regurgatron

Re: which seat dropper

Post by Regurgatron »

A Hope QR seat clamp.
3spd

Post by 3spd »

If I'm gonna stick with a seat clamp I'll stick with my Salsa
My worse day on my bike is better than my best day at work!
Malaconotus

Post by Malaconotus »

Given how frighteningly expensive these things can be, I'd try this one first... http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/ ... LUK&cc=GBP Very positively reviewed here... http://www.bikerumor.com/2011/10/11/rev ... pper-post/

I should add that other than mucking around with one in the shop (Three hundred quid's worth of being whacked in the unmentionables by a saddle!) I have no experience of, or need for, this technology.
silverscoob

Post by silverscoob »

My Heckler came with Joplin 3 dropper. I think they're great, went to the Alps (PassPorte du Soliel) and whilst everyone was stopping at bottom of climbs or top of the downhills, to get off and drop or raise their seatpost. I just pushed the handlebar remote, dropped the seat or raised it :D
Also great if whilst out on an unfamiliar trail which starts getting a bit more extreme than you anticipated, drop the saddle in the middle of the section with no need to stop.

One thing with the Joplin3 was that there was about =/- 0.5 cm of lateral movement (side to side) of the saddle, don't notice whilst riding.
In fact putting the Joplin3 on my Hardtail and have got a great deal on a Joplin4 for the Heckler.

Not used any other droppers but quite a few guys in my Mountain bike club have now got them RockShox I think and Joplin.
Wesh-Laurence

Post by Wesh-Laurence »

I was put off the Crank Bros Joplin seatposts because of a number of reports saying that they developed lateral movement. I saw a secondhand Maverick, which I believe was the same design as the Joplin, which had developed a large amount of sideways play.

I've bought a KS 950 which is claimed not to develop lateral movement. I believe they do a 27.2mm version.

Expensive bits of kit like this can become targets of the less scrupulous therefore I have my Seatpost, Forks and Wheels secured using Pinhead Locks.
fossil

Post by fossil »

I've just put a Specialized Command Post Blacklite ,on my bike , it was a bit stiff at first ie it would not go right up , but i kept pushing it up and down now it fine .
took the bike out today for the first time with it and its great .

:D
BigAirNig

Post by BigAirNig »

Try Gravity Dropper .... they do various sizes, lengths etc incl. a 27.2

http://gravitydropper.com/

:D