weird dream

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
glueman

weird dream

Post by glueman »

Last night I had the strangest dream. Bearing in mind I have the mother of all streaming colds and had run out of paracetamol, I dreamt I had a small wheeled bicycle (now there's an improbability) that had a marvellous saddle bag support. To call it a bag lift doesn't do it justice, this was a fillet brazed Carradice support that began as a seat pin extension - think tandem rear handlebars - but had the most wonderful array of lighting extensions and accessories imaginable.

As soon as I went out on it a cyclist stopped me and asked where I'd bought such a thing. I said I didn't know. He said I must tell him or wait while he drew it because he'd have to get one made. Any Freudians out there?
Does anyone else have odd cycling dreams?

Edit: I realise I'd been looking at this site but the dream ones were of an order of magnitude more sophisticated and incredible.
2Tubs

Re: weird dream

Post by 2Tubs »

glueman wrote:Last night I had the strangest dream. Bearing in mind I have the mother of all streaming colds and had run out of paracetamol, I dreamt I had a small wheeled bicycle (now there's an improbability) that had a marvellous saddle bag support. To call it a bag lift doesn't do it justice, this was a fillet brazed Carradice support that began as a seat pin extension - think tandem rear handlebars - but had the most wonderful array of lighting extensions and accessories imaginable.

As soon as I went out on it a cyclist stopped me and asked where I'd bought such a thing. I said I didn't know. He said I must tell him or wait while he drew it because he'd have to get one made. Any Freudians out there?
Does anyone else have odd cycling dreams?

Edit: I realise I'd been looking at this site but the dream ones were of an order of magnitude more sophisticated and incredible.

Taking your request for a Freudian analysis, I run it past my local quack.

It turns out that it's your mothers fault.

Gazza

>;o)
Why not Look at Sheila's Wheelers E2E Journal
Or My Personal Site
Or My Tweets
Whatever you do, buy fair trade.
And smile.
glueman

Re: weird dream

Post by glueman »

2Tubs wrote:
It turns out that it's your mothers fault.

Gazza

That figures.
ThomasDylan

Post by ThomasDylan »

or it's all that glue you've been sniffing...
PW

Post by PW »

Last one I had I was at a family party but all the relatives there were the ones I remember from childhood - all long dead. A week later my father died. (Not the first time I've had this sort of encounter).
If at first you don't succeed - cheat!!
Mrs Tortoise

Post by Mrs Tortoise »

Parapsychologists reckon that one in four dreams is precognitive and I have certainly experienced some of them. However the one I had where I was out riding with David Millar, I don't think comes into this category!
glueman

Post by glueman »

Mrs Tortoise wrote:Parapsychologists reckon that one in four dreams is precognitive

Please don't say that means I'm going to buy a small wheeled bike. Then again, 87.4% of all statistics are made up.
Mrs Tortoise

Post by Mrs Tortoise »

glueman wrote:
Mrs Tortoise wrote:Parapsychologists reckon that one in four dreams is precognitive

Please don't say that means I'm going to buy a small wheeled bike. Then again, 87.4% of all statistics are made up.

I would have thought it was much more likely that you felt you weren't making as much progress in something as you felt you should, the small wheels restricting your motion.

I prefer, "There are lies, damned lies and then there are statistics!"
Tallis the Tortoise

Post by Tallis the Tortoise »

A while ago I dreamed one night that a hatchback, with 2 old biddies in, overtook closely then cut in a pulled up on me while I was cycling down my road, forcing me to brake sharply.

The next night, it happened again. They cut in and braked to park again! I wasn't having that so I slammed my hand on the back windscreen to show my dissaproval. At that point I awoke to find it was dawn, a while before my alarm was set for, and my hand was on the bookcase by my bed.

Around the same time I had a dream about being on a campsite on a slope in which only 2 free pitches weren't flooded - one at the top and one at the bottom. There was another one about the frame of my Dawes Galaxy (My pride and joy) breaking in 2 places. I was devastated because I had no other transport but not eough time during the university term to get a replacement sorted.

Add to that a dream when touring about frogs hopping around. I woke up when one hopped on my hand, to realise that my headtorch (I'd gone to sleep holding it for reassurance in an empty, dark outh hostel room in the middle of nowhere) had rolled onto my hand :oops:

Beat that selection :wink:

Andy :-)
Si

Post by Si »

All of my dreams seem to revolve around climbing to the top of a tall building, in a crowded shopping centre, with a high powered rifle..... :evil:
Tallis the Tortoise

Mrs Tortoise wrote:Parapsychologists reckon that one in four dreams is precognitive and I have certainly experienced some of them.

If it is the RIGHT 1 in 4 then I will be extremely happy.

Right now I'd be happy just for the vapour pressure osmometer to work - It is knackered meaning most of my work in the lab the last 2 days (which is a lot) is probably not much use as I can't finish the measurements and my supervisor is away till Monday (far too late) and I'm not allowed to fix it myself. It is older than I am, like most of the equipment in this lab is. And why is it that we have more of those really expensive automatic pipettes in 1 lab than the entire chemostry department has and yet we only have 2 spatulas for weighing out chemicals? Universities :roll:

Apologies for the thread hijacking - I just wanted to rant.

Andy
Tallis the Tortoise

I think I dreamed somthing about that infernal vapour pressure osmometer last night :roll:

Andy :-)
Tandemist

Post by Tandemist »

I had a nightmare yesterday - I dreamt I opened the garage door and all my bikes and spare components had gone...
mhara

Post by mhara »

Si wrote:All of my dreams seem to revolve around climbing to the top of a tall building, in a crowded shopping centre, with a high powered rifle..... :evil:

I think it's wonderful that birds of prey are coming back to nest on city highrise buildings. You just leave them alone.