Lance Armstrong books

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
Milfred Cubicle

Lance Armstrong books

Post by Milfred Cubicle »

I've just seen a post on the for sale section for some Lance Armstrong books. Has anybody else got any of these lying around? I was going to throw mine away in disgust, but I've decided to keep them, more for the irony value than anything else. I wondered if anybody had come up with a novel use for them in the light of his disgrace. Coasters? Emergency toilet paper? A dishonest man might even hollow one out and use it to smuggle drugs....
hondated

Re: Lance Armstrong books

Post by hondated »

MC I understand where you are coming from but I would not worry too much about perhaps reading a pack of lies because if that was the criteria then I would have a stack of books to get rid of.I have on my shelves autobiographies, travel writing books and others of a different genre and much of what I have read in them I take with a pinch of salt. Its well known that travel writers have to spice up their books to make them more appealing to the reader and when it comes to autobiographies how many in all honesty are going to give you the real nitty gritty of their lives.
Just for the record the most recent LA book I read my wife brought from the Pound Shop and it dealt with is early career and it reminded that when he did start out he did work hard and was a special talent.
Yes he has let all of us cycle racing enthusiasts down but so have so many more big names who got away with it.

Go on to Cycling News Forum and go to the clinic thread and you will see many names mentioned on there as well.
Milfred Cubicle

Post by Milfred Cubicle »

Yep, I've simply decided to rearrange my bookshelves. Whereas my L.A. books were shelved amongst instruction books and non-fiction, I've now plonked them somewhere between fiction and comedy!
McVouty

Post by McVouty »

That noted cycling philosopher Dr. Hutch (Michael Hutchinson) suggested "For £8.99 'It's not about the bike' has consecutively been an autobiography, a mystery, true crime, a postmodern novel, and now a court exhibit. Top value." A cynical correspondent suggested that he forgot to add "sacred religious text, for the yellow-wristbanded faithful".