Lidl (( 2 topics merged - by G ) now 3 merged - S)

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
oldmanonabike

Lidl (( 2 topics merged - by G ) now 3 merged - S)

Post by oldmanonabike »

Lidl bike accessories available from 21st March
I'm not getting older,just gaining more experience
Si

Re: Lidl

Post by Si »

thanks for the heads-up. Might try those base layer shorts for the 'bent. But is anyone brave enough to try the £1.99 kick stand on their pride and joy?!?!?
Mark1978

Post by Mark1978 »

MattyDeez

Post by MattyDeez »

Thanks for that, odd. I got newsletters by them and this didnt appear in my e-mails. :P
Mark1978

Post by Mark1978 »

Just in time for going on my holidays, as I needed some short sleeve jerseys and some shorts :)

Always the problem with this and Aldi is they are through the week so I can't get time off work, so I have to send the wife to get for me, but that means I can't try things on, and if she gets the wrong size by the time she goes back they're sold out!
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

Mark1978 wrote:Just in time for going on my holidays, as I needed some short sleeve jerseys and some shorts :)

Always the problem with this and Aldi is they are through the week so I can't get time off work, so I have to send the wife to get for me, but that means I can't try things on, and if she gets the wrong size by the time she goes back they're sold out!

You could get a couple of different sizes and take back the ones you don't want.
Lidl / Aldi usually do refunds without quibble on stuff I have returned. Obviously the articles have to be returned in perfect condition.
You'll never know if you don't try it.
Mark1978

Post by Mark1978 »

cycleruk wrote:
Mark1978 wrote:Just in time for going on my holidays, as I needed some short sleeve jerseys and some shorts :)

You could get a couple of different sizes and take back the ones you don't want.
Lidl / Aldi usually do refunds without quibble on stuff I have returned. Obviously the articles have to be returned in perfect condition.

Yeah that might be the best idea :)
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

I'm definitely not a "Goldilocks" person. Everything slightly too big or small, never "just right". :?

If, whatever, fits in one place (waistline) then it doesn't fit the legs and so on. :oops: :lol:
You'll never know if you don't try it.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I bought a couple of pairs of their cycling mitts last time they did the cycling stuff. Cheap enough and good quality, but sadly not much cop. They hurt my hands as there was no padding on the thumb area.

Good job they were cheap coz I haven't used one pair more than once, and the other pair not at all.
Mick F. Cornwall
awparker

Lidl cycling gear - Thursday 21 Mar

Post by awparker »

Just seen a flyer from Lidl. They have cycling gear in a sale from this Thursday, 21 Mar. Clothing, helmet, saddle, computer, lights, glasses etc.

Details advertised on www.lidl.co.uk

Alan
Sweep

Re: Lidl cycling gear - Thursday 21 Mar

Post by Sweep »

I was in an Italian Lidl the other week.

Asume the Gilet was the same - didn't think much of it - looked nasty and cheap.

Cycling top may well be better and fine for day to day use.

Lidl cycling socks usually very good.
Sweep
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

The Gilets are excellent - although they do need more washing that is ideal, mine hangs onto odour very effectively.

Yes, they're cheap, yes I'm looking at buying a more expensive one at some point - but they really do serve their purpose well. I have 4 (from two or three different instances of the sale) one in black (may have been aldi, but who can tell) and three in red.

I cannot imagine that this is 20 times better...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Tonyf33

Post by Tonyf33 »

When you can get new branded gilet's on ebay cropping up fairly often for a few quid more or even less in some instances, inexpensive 'deals' from the likes of Lidl and Aldi can sometimes not be all that great.
theDaveB

Post by theDaveB »

What the other stuff like from Lidl, was thinking mini and floor pumps, tool kit and helmet ?

Dave
Mark1978

Post by Mark1978 »

Personally I wouldn't buy a helmet from Lidl, as the your safety isn't something you want to be saving money on. The rest, give it a go and see!