Cycling gloves

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
eileithyia

Re: Cycling gloves

Post by eileithyia »

Personally 1 or 2 layers of pound shop magic gloves, with a pair of track mitts over... see me thru out the winter only cost a quid so no matter when they start to wear out they do not break the bank.....

I find os many of these fancy gloves far too cold, the lining material is cold to start with when you put them on, they are too loose on my fingers, so have to warm up the air inside them, then the material then finally my hands might just start to warm up again... whereas the stretch glvoes are warm to begin with...
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
pete75

Post by pete75 »

I've had a pair of these for years. Superb quality leather, goretex lining and decent insulation. Used for cycling, skiing , ridinga motorbike - never let any wet in and keep hands warm. Treated once a year with neatsfoot oil the leather still looks almost new.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-US-AR ... 53f73709d0
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
binsted

Post by binsted »

A subject close to my heart. I use Sealskinz if its below freezing, go to a pair of Decathalon +3c to +8c and above that the fingerless gloves with a pair of thinsulate or woollen gloves over the top until hands are warm.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
I am probably lucky as I dont wear fingered gloves at all above 5 - 8 degrees. :)
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
dbascent1986

Post by dbascent1986 »

defeet merino gloves are practical and discreetly branded
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

For most anything between about -3 degrees, and 5 -7 degress (or whenever it feels warm enough to switch to fingerless gloves), I wear cheap winter cycling gloves. I got them at one of the chain shops (Cycles UK?) for about a fiver 10ish years ago. If it's near or below freezing, I wear some thin, wool gloves underneath them. It seems to work well for me, but once I warm up, I don't suffer much with cold hands.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
bother21

Post by bother21 »

£8 black leather gloves from Army Surplus store. Reckon they'll be just the thing....