TYRE PRESSURES

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
reohn2

Re: TYRE PRESSURES

Post by reohn2 »

pootler wrote:Thinks to myself, there is more to this tyre malarky than meets the eye. Talking about eyes I put my glasses on and hey presto, in small writing I found that tyre pressures between 4.4 bar/ 55lbps and 6.6 bar / 95 lbps are recommended on the tyre wall. Someone did ask about my tyre size and personal weight, so here goes. 700x32 and 14.5 stone. :oops: and in less than 2 weeks I'm touring in the Jura with my daughter. She might have to wait for me on the odd occasion!

http://www.bikequarterly.com/images/TireDrop.pdf
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

samsbike wrote:
I use the M+ in a 25 and yep its a firm ride but then I dont have anything to compare it too.

I run mine at 110 based upon the bikequarterly reference and do get bounced out of the saddle on occassion.

EEK! wwwaaayyyy too much pressure IMHO,what weight are you?
I can only think that the squigy blue anti puncture layer is giving a false reading.
I've ridden M+'s for a short time and TBH they're crap IMO unless you are riding on glass strewn road/paths etc.They're as dead as a Dodo.
If you have to ride 25's I'd recommend Panaracer Ribmos,they roll very well and are very puncture resistant,but I wouldn't put anywhere near 110psi in them,perhaps 75f 95r unless you're a real heavyweight.
I need to see what the biggest size I can run with my bike, but thats a thread for another day!

If I had to run 25mm tyres I'd sell the bike and buy something with bigger clearances.I talked myself into buying a bike that would only take 25mm tyres.
I sold it before the dental bill got out of hand :mrgreen:
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

ukdodger wrote:..........R2 in another thread (cant be bothered to look it up) you said we'd both bought the same patches of off Ebay. They were a lot (maybe 50) for only £1.98 I think. Well I've used six of them and they all came off. So I binned the rest. Did you have the same experience?

reohn2 wrote:I don't think I've used any yet,but I'll doing some tests shortly

I've tried the patches I bought off Ebay,they're TipTop brand and are fine :)
W H Auden
ukdodger

Post by ukdodger »

reohn2 wrote:
ukdodger wrote:..........R2 in another thread (cant be bothered to look it up) you said we'd both bought the same patches of off Ebay. They were a lot (maybe 50) for only £1.98 I think. Well I've used six of them and they all came off. So I binned the rest. Did you have the same experience?

reohn2 wrote:I don't think I've used any yet,but I'll doing some tests shortly

I've tried the patches I bought off Ebay,they're TipTop brand and are fine :)

Must have had a dud lot. I used Cure-C-Cure instead and they're down solid. The ebay ones came up at the edges.