Shirt carriers - any good ones?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Monsieur

Shirt carriers - any good ones?

Post by Monsieur »

I'm now contemplating commuting - I wear a suit at work and need some sort if shirt carrier that would give me a creaseless shirt.

I'm tempted by shirt shuttle - anyone able to comment on pros and/or cons?
Solvitur ambulando
TonyR

Re: Shirt carriers - any good ones?

Post by TonyR »

I was given one, used it twice and never again. Didn't seem to fit the shirt in and it came out creased. Invest instead in a portable steamer to keep at the office which will drop the creases out in a few seconds.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

If you decide to buy something of this type, try TKMaxx first. I've seen seevral in there from time to time - no idea what make - and speaking as somebody who used to have to get shirts to work, I didn't think they looked as though they would help much.
Ant

Post by Ant »

I find that if I roll a carefully folded ironed shirt up with my trousers (or another shirt or two) then it travels perfectly well and is suitably crease free on arrival. Obviously they go on top of the pile of things in my bag...
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

I cheat - I get to tow microBob home once a week from work, so I take in shirts that morning - hung in the trailer ;)

I used to simply roll the shirt - they'd come out pretty well - if you have a locker at work then rolling a few and taking them in should a) help each shirt and b) leave you with a couple of days "hanging time" for each shirt, many creases will fall out.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Monsieur

Post by Monsieur »

Thanks for comments :)
Solvitur ambulando
gaz

Post by gaz »

Monsieur wrote:I'm tempted by shirt shuttle - anyone able to comment on pros and/or cons?

I have an Eagle Creek folder that's not dissimilar. http://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/eagle-cr ... 5-b2210076 CTC members get discount at Cotswold Outdoor.

However I don't use it for commuting, generally just when packing cases for longer non-bike trips.

The principle seems sound but things still end up creased, just a little less creased and better organised than not using it.

My commute is short enough not to need to change. On the odd occassion that I do then rolling up a shirt, suit jacket and/or trousers seems to work well.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade