The people are revolting...

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Custard pie flinging event almost cancelled because of insurance problems...

Police unsuccessfully trying to shut down cheese rolling event by putting the frighteners on the 89 year old cheese lady to not provide the cheese...

I went to Sir Robert McAlpines steam fest last weekend on his estate near Henley. One of the best things was a distinct lack of red tape and politically correct rules and claptrap. Lady McAlpine sent out a list of 'donts' with the tickets but there was a distinct lack of yellow jacketed funstoppers. Everyone was expected to use common sense and they did. A great fun day out.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
reohn2

Re: The people are revolting...

Post by reohn2 »

What with the McApline's little shindig and the green shoots of recovery things are looking rosy :wink:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Si

Post by Si »

I'm intrigued...how does one apply 'politically correct rules' to cheese rolling? :?:
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Things are usually Rosy around here . :D . I have got go take the Mrs to Mottisfont next month. It's very rosy in June there....

Are there any stories of clipboard terrorism being defeated?

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

al_yrpal wrote:Things are usually Rosy around here . :D

I'm so glad,it's rather grim up here :)
. I have got go take the Mrs to Mottisfont next month. It's very rosy in June there....

Shouldn't that be "it's very rosy there in June....."
I thought you were Grammar school educated,anyway I hope you and Mrs Al have a lovely time :)

Are there any stories of clipboard terrorism being defeated?

Al

I don't think so,there's one about cutting people's benefits if the have a spare bedroom :?
W H Auden
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

I used to love that programme ' I didn't know you cared...' With Uncle Mort who seemed to live in his shed. Nothing like that around here. :?
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

al_yrpal wrote:I used to love that programme ' I didn't know you cared...' With Uncle Mort who seemed to live in his shed. Nothing like that around here. :?

you don't know what you're missing :)
W H Auden
eclipse

Post by eclipse »

I 'erd that.... pardon