Adapter for a kore seat post

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
malverncyclist

Adapter for a kore seat post

Post by malverncyclist »

I have a recent Dahon folding bike model with a lightweight Kore seat post that uses a non standard rail,to fit a saddle to it. It can't take a normal saddle, such as my a rooks and I am looking for am adapter, but can't seem to find a supplier in the UK. Does anyone know where to get one (apart from the US)?

Thanks

Martin
Wesh-Laurence

Re: Adapter for a kore seat post

Post by Wesh-Laurence »

I couldn't visualise what the issue you have is and so I "googled" Kore Seatpost and came across this link:-

http://www.bicyclehero.com/gb/dahon-kor ... tAodWwUAyA

Does this link show the saddle and seat post on your bike or is this the solution to your problem? In the link the saddle rails appear to have an attachment which sits in a groove in the seat post.

Being a folding bike it probably has a very long seat post. Could an alternative solution be to fit a replacement seat post, you simply need one that is long enough and is the correct diameter.
Brucey

Post by Brucey »

this is a pic from that link;

I've never seen anything exactly like that myself; if you can't buy (or make?) the right thing easily, I agree a new seat post seems a reasonable solution, although it may in itself be problematic...

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wesh-Laurence

Post by Wesh-Laurence »

I believe that the link I supplied earlier and the picture from the that link posted by Brucey is the adapter that malverncyclist is trying to get hold of.

I assume that the saddle on the Dahon is an "I beam" saddle which does not have saddle rails but something that looks like a "monorail" which sits in the middle channel of the seat post. The adapter in the picture is the black "T" shaped device with the white marking on it which is a mirror image letter "K" and normal image "K" back to back.
malverncyclist

Post by malverncyclist »

Looks like the right adapter. Unfortunately the link doesn't work, so can't find out what e.g. price is.

Re buying a different seatpost, beauty of the Kore post is that it's so lightweight which others may not be ...

Martin
freebooter

Post by freebooter »

Not in the UK but they claim to have stock here

http://www.derfaltradshop.de/epages/612 ... /033-13139
malverncyclist

Post by malverncyclist »

Super ,ich kann's aus der Heimat bestellen :D (meaning I can order it from home).

Martin
freebooter

Post by freebooter »

malverncyclist wrote:Super ,ich kann's aus der Heimat bestellen :D (meaning I can order it from home).

Martin

Do you mean that you have a home in Germany? I did notice their postal charges to the UK are very high.

I saw they sell a basic Dahon sized seatpost for just 14.50euro :D postage to the UK 16.95euro :(
malverncyclist

Post by malverncyclist »

found one on ebay for £12.50 incl. p&p.

Martin